Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Using the "Board Options", when I hover over, it responds to the hover, but the drop down box doesn't show. When I validate any page here, as usual with sites that have problems, it fails validation. On this page as I type, validation returns 87 errors!!______ See for yourself; http://validator.w3.org/________ or here; http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/_______ I only use Opera. It is a W3C complaint browser that follows W3C standards. Something Idiot Exploiter will never do. Anything goes with IE.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

And the forum sees my paragraphs as it should of. :generic:

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended
The other problem is you can't edit your post and the sentences all run together. The links are good, you just have to C&P the actual link without the underline.
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

For the drop down menus, got to My Settings > Preferences > Display and then uncheck "Display menus when I mouse over them". This will make it so you have to click on "Board Options" for the drop down to appear and may work better.

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

HP Recommended
Nope. Still doesn't work. For whomever is the webmaster, he best fix the problems on his site first.
HP Recommended
I feel your pain. I've been using Opera for a very long time. The forum is not fully compatible with Opera. I'm having to resort to viewing it with Firefox as I'm simply missing out on too many options when viewing it with Opera. It was working fine before a recent forum update. Hope it gets fixed.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! Anytime I have trouble with I site, the first thing I do is validate the page by a simple right click and choose "Validate", That takes me to the W3C validation page. EVERY TIME, the page fails, usually terrible. I see counts in the hundreds on some pages. Where do these companies get these IT idiots from? M$??___________Is this a Java issue?
HP Recommended
I'm not sure where the issues exactly lies. I just feel that the code was written with IE compatibility in mind, considering that it's IE that is widely used. I do hope that more and more web devs give more importance to W3C standards. Also, I think this is not HP's fault, but rather it's Lithiums fault.
HP Recommended
"the code was written with IE compatibility in mind"______That's where the problem is. Idiot Exploiter promotes sloppy code.__________Period!
HP Recommended
^^ Everyone knows that! 😄
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.