Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have come across a couple of bugs while browsing the forums and catching up on the weekend posts.

1.  While the sitckies/floaters are great they mess up the Next Thread feature since instead of going down the list it jumps to the spot where the new sticky would be if it wasn't sticked.  So I read the new sticky first, hit next thread and wind up for example 30 posts down the list.  When I hit the end of the new posts and I check, I see that I have missed all of the posts above where the sticky would have appeared if it hadn't been floated to the top.  If I skip the new sticky at the top of the list and just start with the new posts, when I get to the point where the sticky should be, it shows up, and if I hit next thread it then throws me to the end of the new posts.  Very annoying.

2.  The posting in the notebook section regarding video issues has reached 11 pages.  As of Friday it was I believe at 10 and I had read (ok I had the page opened to mark all of them read) all the posts.  This morning (Monday) when I log in, every single post starting at page one has been flagged as new!!  None of the other posts seem to be effected however there aren't any as long as this one.

Oh, ya and the kudos discrepency between the dashboard and profile page effects me too but I see that issue has already been addressed.   

insert signature here
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

1.I have had that experience too.Agree it is annoying, and quite confusing till you figure out what is happening.

2.I have also seen this, but assumed that 'New' meant new replies since I last read the thread.Will have to pay more attention to it.

The kudos thing that puzzles me is why when you're on the start page of each board no kudos show up in the Kudos column unless a Kudo has been given to the originator of the thread, no matter the kudos to replies.Not a big deal I guess,but it would be nice to look down the column and see how many helpful answers have been kudo'd. Not many people give Kudos anyway, but it would look more productive or whatever?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Ok, I've gotten used to the way the floated posts work, don't read them first when they are marked with a new response and it doesn't interupt my flow.

The deal with all the posts in the one thread being marked new, is because the entire thread got moved to a new section.  Annoying but I understand why.

Now, for the first time I have logged on from home, and while I won't know probably for a day or two as I move between here and my office if the bug is on my machine or in the forums, but not all of the new posts have the NEW tag next to them.  It seems very sporadic and has resulted in me moving back to the categories page only to have to click back to see what I missed.

Also, why aren't the moderators more on top of answering the posts in this section?  This is the one place where (aside from the obviously misplaced posts) one would expect the moderators to respond to the bug reports and suggestions.  I know there are quite a number of moderators on this forum (more than what I usually see) so one would hope that they would be able to share the responsibilities of answering the posts in this category.  I do appreciate Cheryl's response, however she's not a moderator so all she can do is back up what has happened with me and offer her workaround.  I'd like to hear either hey we can fix it, or learn to live with it from someone who might actually have the authority to affect change when it is needed.

Oh, and if you haven't realized by now, I tend to be a bit picky about how I browse forums.  So far this layout seems to work very well in the way it is organized and the way the threads flow.  I'm just picking at the details to try and make the site perfect so when I come across other forums that have information and resources I need but are horrible to navigate, I can point to this one (and a couple others I visit almost daily) as a prime example of a well organized and laid out site.

Message Edited by frprinterwiz on 01-01-2009 09:26 PM
insert signature here
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are reading the messages and trying to figure out how to re-create some of the things you are talking about. Each person seems to have their own way to move through the new threads and I personally don't stay on top of each forum like you probably do, so the new messages behavior you mention doesn't affect me the same way.

Also, to be honest, HP has been in vacation mode since the 20th. A couple of mods and admins have been here, but all our support teams for answering questions about possible bugs have been off.

We read most everything in this feedback forum.

That 13 page thread in the Notebook/Hardware has our attention, however it is generally for other things than how the new messages are showing up. :Crying:

Take care,

GarenT

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi GarenT - understand the thing about the video thread and as I stated, it being moved was what triggered it to report new, in fact all of the threads that got repositioned were all set back to new status. 

As per my last bug report about not all of the NEW tags being displayed, I am at work using IE 7 through XP XP2 (although probably not completely up to date with patches/etc..) and everything seems fine.  I use Firefox at home through Vista SP1 (both at the latest versions and patches) and one of those may be the issue.  I'm on vacation myself for the next week so I'll test my IE with the forums and if still having issues, then I'll grab Hubby's laptop that is XP SP2 (patched and updated regularly) and see and let you know what I find.  Wouldn't be suprised if it's just my laptop since it falls into one of the ones that everyone is complaining about in "that" thread.  However I bought the extended warranty from the place of purchase that will give me a loaner and they will deal with support to get it fixed but I probably won't give it up until it dies completely as I think I would die if I have to go back to using my poor old trusty Ubuntu machine (it's a blazing 266Mhz processor!!  so needless to say I won't be doing much with it other than what I have to LOL)

Hope everyone had a great holiday and that 2009 sucks way less than 2008 for ya!!

insert signature here
HP Recommended

I know I was having sync issues with read messages when I kept jumping back and forth between Chrome and IE. I tried firefox for a few days, but don't remember if I noticed it with that browser. I'm pretty sure that the read messages would be kept in your browser, so it kinda makes sense that it would get wacked out by changing computers.

I'll find out.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  Firefox did another update about a week ago (shortly after I noticed the issues with the new posts) and since then, seems to acting just fine on my home pc.  Although I really didn't get a chance to read many posts even though I was home all week.  I think it's more work staying home with my son than coming into the office every day!!
insert signature here
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.