Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This is a tacky area for anyone who is not at all famillar with the inner workings of any brand computer.I hope that this story which I will tell you, will set you thinking in proper text.In 2003 I bought from Dell over the telephone a 4600C desktop computer.I had certain features incorperated into the CPU, which were not standard,by Dell's standards.After 5 weeks I received the computer with all features intact.I had about 8 months before it jammed and a hard drive was needed, needless to say I had no backup of data made.Upon calling Dell about this matter, they did because I bought a 4 year plan to cover everything,they sent a local service man come and installed a hard drive, but to add insult to injury, he did not format yje drive.I had a buddy of mine who came and installed Windows XP Service pack 2 and all necessary componets to make the computer operate.I was taken back when the service man just put in the hard drive, He said that formatting the drive was not his job,that he was only paid from Dell to install this drive.6 months to the day, the computers fan quit operations and the mother board caught fire.Again a call to Texas and I was told to send the computer back to them, it was still under warranty.About a month went bvy and I received a brand new 4700C New version from the 4600C, It seems that Dell was having problems with the Dimentions series 4600C as it was not manufactured by Dell, one rare exception as since that time in 2004.Now I moved in June 2006 to housing for the Seinors and the computer did the same exact thing, fan quit and hard drive jammed.I was still covered by a plan, only this time it comes to pass that these computers were having a problem and there was no known answer.I was livid to say the least.In June 2008 I was with a friend of mine who was going to Rent-A-Center to get a living room.I was looking at the computers and the Hewlett-Packard S2600c slim line series caught my eye.I was told it was previously rented but was throughly checked out and serviced back to companys specs.I bought it, instead of renting to own. I have had no outstanding problem, just minor incidents like a unwanted program getting by McAfee's security, so running the backup disk was necessary to eliminate the problem.I just want to say that a company is as good as it's service, and that Hewlett-Packard is right on top of the product,with the necessary updates needed to keep the computer running as it should. It is not hard that most people only know how to turn in on let alone use all the trouble shooting thats in both the Help and Support from Microsoft and HP,I couldn't be more satisfied to say that I find the service from HP to be top notch,remember you have to keep you computer open so Microsoft can run regular updates to keep it working at peak.There is advancements happing constantly and updating all the necessary drivers is essental.If you have one bad driver it can cause inmeasurable problems, on a scall of 1 to 10 the service from HP far surpasses that of Dell and I guve them a 12, so people, take some time to get to know the computer and it's inner workings, it is only a machine that needs attention from time to time.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.