Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my C drive crashed on my laptop. It tried to repair itself and couldnt. My laptop still worked but slowly. Last night it tried to repair itself again and couldnt. Now it doesnt register my password so i cannot log into my laptop. I need to know if factory resetting it will help me get into it and fix my C drive. I have tried resetting it and it couldnt reset it. Windows cannot help me because my C drive doesnt register. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kenzie1996

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP laptop. I read that the laptop crashed and you had to initiate a repair. Now, the password is not accepted by the laptop. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Why did the laptop crash? Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop?

I suggest you to perform the steps from this HP article to unlock your password. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.