Did you mean: 
Kenzie1996
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

C Drive

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my C drive crashed on my laptop. It tried to repair itself and couldnt. My laptop still worked but slowly. Last night it tried to repair itself again and couldnt. Now it doesnt register my password so i cannot log into my laptop. I need to know if factory resetting it will help me get into it and fix my C drive. I have tried resetting it and it couldnt reset it. Windows cannot help me because my C drive doesnt register. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,542
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kenzie1996

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP laptop. I read that the laptop crashed and you had to initiate a repair. Now, the password is not accepted by the laptop. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Why did the laptop crash? Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop?

I suggest you to perform the steps from this HP article to unlock your password. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation