Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am unable to log-in to HP Passport or Forums. I use the same id/password that I've used for years and everytime I try to log-in to the forums or HP Passport, it takes me right back to the sign-in page. I've even tried registering with different user id/password and it always tells me it is already in use. I emailed HP Global Support and no help there.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello khone,

I see you're having an issue signing in using HP Passport, I'm sorry to hear that. Before moving forward I'd like to ask you a few troubleshooting questions to isolate the problem. Have you attempted to delete your browsers cookies and/or cache? You may also attempt using a different browser to see if it may be your current browser causing the troubles. Let me know your progress as you attempt these steps so we can advance from there.

Hope this helps 🙂

HP Recommended

khone,

I am going to try resetting your HPP password.  Please let me know if that works.

Calvin

Want to help? Become an Expert!

I was an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello CalvinP.

Well, I used the link you provided, changed my password (again) and it took me to the HP Forums. My forum ID was at the top right. When I clicked on the subject Other Desktop etc., it took me to the HP Passport sign-in page. There, it showed my email address and p/w (all stars). I clicked on Sign-In and it recycled back to the sign-in. So, I tried again using my email address and the p/w I just changed to. Error message saying the user id or password incorrect. I then tried using my forums ID and new p/w and same thing. I then closed that out, reopened Chrome, searched for HP Support Forums, clicked on a link and what opened was the Forum home page showing I was logged-in (my forum user ID (khone) was in the upper right. When I clicked on a subject area, it again took me to the HP Passport sign-in page and I could not sign-in. Again, I closed Chrome, reopened, did the search and clicked on a link and it took me to the forum home page with me already logged-in. The only way I am able to respond to you, or anyone else, is to click on my user id and it takes me to the posts I have made. That is the only way that I can respond to anyone. I am still unable to access any of the subject areas or make a post. If I try, I end-up back at the HP Passport sign-in page.

As I said before, I have absolutely no idea what has happened or what HP has in their files for my user id/password. I have reset my id/password several times by both email links and by answering the security questions. But evertime I try to log-in @ HP Passport, I always get the same error message - user id or password incorrect. If I try to log-in straight in the Forums, it always takes me to the HP Passport sign-in page.

In Febuary 2013, I emailed HP Global Support, spoke to a Pia and Andrea on another subject and also mentioned this. They said they would pass it on to the webmaster because their might be a problem with the website. Never heard a thing until I received an email from a Kavitha saying they were closing the issued because they hadn't heard from me. Naturally they didn't because I never heard from them. 

I'm totally frrustrated with not being able to access the forums to see if anyone can provide solutions to problems I occasionally have with my new computer. I'm at the point of just giving-up as I'm exhausted from the number of times I've tried and that this has been going on for almost two (2) months.

Thanks again CalvinP. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.