3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can i not use my ink cartridges if i cancel

Acer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been using the Instant Ink cartridge service for a couple of years now and as i dont print much i have decided to cancel my subscription but when i read about cancelling it said that i would no longer be able to use the instant ink cartridges. Is this correct as i have just received a new Black cartridge as mines nearly empty. This does not seem right as ive paid for them and i want to use the ink then buy new cartridges when i need them. Can anyone help me as this seems stupid to me.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13950 964 1444
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can i not use my ink cartridges if i cancel

Hey there! @mrsnutz, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you would like to know if you can use the ink cartridges after instant ink cancellation.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Yes, You can still print until the billing cycle is complete. However, After the billing cycle is complete you will not be able to print. 

Try few steps recommended below.

Yes. You may cancel your service or change plans at any time without penalty.4 To change your plan or cancel your service, sign in at hpinstantink.com. Expand the My Plan section and click Edit, next to HP Instant Ink Plan. You can choose to make a plan upgrade effective immediately and retroactively apply to the current billing cycle, or have the upgrade take effect the first day of the next billing cycle. Plan downgrade changes and cancellation are effective the first day of the next billing cycle. You cannot downgrade to the free printing plan.

Refer this article to know more information about stopping a cancellation.

Also, refer the instant ink faq for more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! :)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation