Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Doesn't matter what browser, I can't get the pulldown menu to come down, nothing happens when I click in Chrome or Firefox (I refuse to use IE).

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi maxpower757,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties with using the community.

Can you tell me what operating system you are using, and when this started happening?  Have you tried restarting your browser or clearing your cache, or any other troubleshooting steps?

We'll look into this for you, thanks for letting us know about your concerns.

SedonaF

HP Recommended

Windows 7, started when the board changed to the white background. 

thanks

HP Recommended
i also can not edit my post either and also i can not even upload the picture post to show and also there is no linkable just above the posting block that i am typing and i cant even spell check because there is no linkable menu
Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

There is a separate issue happening recently with the Forum software, and clearing your cookies in the browser being used seems to fix it.  Close and restart the browser after clearing them out.

Can you try this and report back to us?  Thanks!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Delelting cookies and restarting the browser does nothing.

Also, when I clcik quickreply, it goes to full reply.

HP Recommended
i even did my other pc with a different OS and did the same thing and no way of editing post
good points or advice..
"Accepted"
HP Recommended

ok just recently happened and I am using waferfox which is a 64b version of firefox (FF) is not likeing hp forum or it does not like WF or FF and i have not tried FF alone and that is a 32b verion 

Firefox is 32b 
Waterfox is 64b 

the edit and all the icons menus if it was waterfox at the time did not show and no pull-up box to click which is on waterfox 

atm im using chrome and i can do those things that i cant on waterfox and also its been working and now on my waterfox its saying a bad request and can not understand i guess waterfox 

good points or advice..
"Accepted"
HP Recommended

It's bad code, pure and simple.  It hasn't worked since they switched from the black forum I could actually read to this bright white one that's like staring into a light bulb.  I have the brightness and contrast and color turned down on my monitor too and it's still hard to read and crucial parts of it do not function.

I have tried:

Cleaning cache

cleaning cookies

firefox

chrome

torch browser

ios chrome

ios safari

It's just bad code.  What ever clown hp hired to redo the site ruined it with this white monstrosity.

HP Recommended
and i see they are not using go back to restore what was working and then try to find out what went wrong to this new whatever they did .......and this issues is going past a week or 2 but i do know but like to see it back working again
good points or advice..
"Accepted"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.