Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 17m-ae111dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My envy has never needed service and the Care Pack extended warranty has expired on 12/20. I spend almost two hours on hold and making calls to finally figure out how to submit the rebate form.

However, after a week, no one has replied to say the rebate form has been received. Then I spend over TWO HOURS on hold and never talked to anyone to see if it was actually received via email.

When I purchased this care pack they stated if it was NEVER used, I would receive the entire amount via this rebate process.

Did I get scammed?

Would hope that someone here might be able to help in this matter.

And to be honest, I am holding up a purchase of a new computer to replace this Envy since I purchase a new computer every three years; and donate the current computer. However, before I purchase another HP, I want a refund on this warranty. If not refund; no order. Just a clear statement from someone who is not too happy at this time.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

D

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Nothing? So I can assume Care Pack is a scam? 

HP Recommended

@dldever

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue as Didever. I have spent hours on the phone, waiting on hold, wrong phone numbers that just disconnect, etc. The last person I talked to told me that there isn't even a department that is responsible for these rebates. It is certainly different than the sales pitch from 2017 to actually trying to receive a refund.  I purchased a laptop in Dec 2017.  It is my understanding that if I never required use of the service that I should receive a refund. I have sent in an email to focus.crc@hp.com as this is listed on one of the rebate forms. By the way, I discovered along the way that the actual rebate form has a new version every year. So, I suppose this email might be incorrect as I might be looking at the wrong form. I hope to receive a response from my submission but I remain skeptical. Any suggestions that might help me would be much appreciated. 

Owlhunter

HP Recommended

The appears to be the correct email address. The first form I finally obtained had an email for the rebate of rebates.bpo@hp.com. I found after way too many calls and hours on hold that the correct form with the correct address (address you show) is the one to use.

Form was the same except for the address at the bottom.

After about a week I did FINALLY receive a message:

Hello!

"Thank you for your email!

Your documents are complete so I’ve sent them to get validated and I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Please keep in mind that the whole process takes around 6-8 weeks.

Regards,"

So, at least it was received and that is enough proof if ever required for further action. I will guess it will take on the long side for the rebate to be received.

I know from this experience and an experience with HP parts, I will NEVER purchase another HP product.

Good luck in getting your reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.