Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp account

I had an hp account when I lived in Holland and therefore my default language is Dutch. I moved away from HP products and also moved to the UK. I’ve now reactivated my HP account having bought a printer but my account is in Dutch and I can’t see how to change the language/country permanently. Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nanana100 

HP Smart / HP Connected

HP Connected Login

Click Flag to switch to your region

Once logged in, Click on your name (upper right) > Settings

To the right of "Preferred language" >> Click on the Edit icon (small pencil)

Click English drop-down menu

Select your region

Click Select

HP_Connected_Settings_Select_Language_1HP_Connected_Settings_Select_Language_1

If you are logged into HP Smart on your mobile device and / or HP Smart for Windows, you may need to log out, close the app, wait a few seconds (or minutes??), and then log back in.  (Guessing about this one...)

References

HP Smart - iOS and Android - Download, How-to. Videos, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

HP Mobile Printing – “Show and Tell” – Step by Step How-to

Learn how to connect and use your printer with your device

HP Mobile Printing - Print from Smart phone or Tablet

HP Smart for Windows

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

Links to HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices,  includes an FAQ section

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

2020 Year of Rat

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Nanana100 

If the HP account to which you refer is "this" HP account, that is, your Community account,

Change the language in your Profile Preferences

Open your community home / profile page 

Click "My Profile"

To the right of "A little about me" >>>> Click Edit

Click tab Preferences

Change your preferred Language (and time zone, if applicable)

Click Save to save changes and exit the setup

If that does not work for any reason, we can forward a request to the moderators for an assist.

2020 Year of Rat

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks but it’s not this community account. It’s the “HP Smart” account. I set it up with a purchase in Holland 13 years ago and now trying to register a new printer I find all my account and language is  Dutch. Looks like I’ll have to try and get in touch with HP. 

HP Recommended

@Nanana100 

HP Smart / HP Connected

HP Connected Login

Click Flag to switch to your region

Once logged in, Click on your name (upper right) > Settings

To the right of "Preferred language" >> Click on the Edit icon (small pencil)

Click English drop-down menu

Select your region

Click Select

HP_Connected_Settings_Select_Language_1HP_Connected_Settings_Select_Language_1

If you are logged into HP Smart on your mobile device and / or HP Smart for Windows, you may need to log out, close the app, wait a few seconds (or minutes??), and then log back in.  (Guessing about this one...)

References

HP Smart - iOS and Android - Download, How-to. Videos, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

HP Mobile Printing – “Show and Tell” – Step by Step How-to

Learn how to connect and use your printer with your device

HP Mobile Printing - Print from Smart phone or Tablet

HP Smart for Windows

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

Links to HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices,  includes an FAQ section

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

2020 Year of Rat

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Dragon-Fur - I followed your instructions and it's worked perfectly, much appreciated!

HP Recommended

@Nanana100 

Excellent.  You are welcome.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.