Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I agree with most of the folks in here. Getting to the page to change your email address (or any profile info) really should be a no-brainer. Thanks Valerie for finall walking us through it. 

HP Recommended
I lost my last Quick Reply...I have spent 1.5 hrs trying to just simply change my email address. I have to agree with one comment earlier - can it be made any harder´...PLEASE - how to I delete my old address, and put in a new one...Thank you.
HP Recommended

Good Lord, they moved things around again!  Must be something the developers do to have fun.  This seems to work:

1) Sgn in

2) Click on resources and settings

3) Click on my user settings

4) You'll notice edit hp passport right below the line

5) Click on password, get a passport screen

I assume that is where you do it, did not want to risk trying.  I guess I should be worried that there https links are shown red in firefox (not showing verification) but on this site probably to be expected.

If you've forgotten your password, might just want to screw it and create a new one.  Better change it soon, before the developers see their secret is out and move it again.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, you want to change userid.  Click on that instead.  Need to sign in again for some reason.

HP Recommended

The forums look generally the same as they did in the previous screenshots in this thread; I went ahead and took some screenshots to hopefully help out.

Eeyore's steps are good, this should help to visualize them.  After logging in you should see this under your username:

Settings1.JPG

Click on Resources & Settings to expand it:

Settings2.JPG

Click on my User Settings.  Near the top of the page you'll see the following screen:

Settings4.JPG

From here you will want to click on the Edit HP Passport links to change the particular thing you want.  If you click on Contact Information, that will lead you to the page where you can change your email address and you should be able to do so from there.  As Eeyore noted, you may be required to log in again before you do so.  If it brings you back to the forums after logging in, then just repeat the steps until you're back to the contact information page and you should be able to proceed at that point.

If you have any issues getting the email address to change, please post here letting us know and we can contact the right people to look into it.

I hope this is of help, if you need anything further please let us know!

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended

Ok,

If you think this looks like the page in ValerieG's reply....

Two observations

I signon via signon link on top of page.  I then follow your steps.  I get the passport signon, sign on, then am sent back to original original page.  I then repeat excercise, this time it works. 

Is the passport userid (email address)/password the same userid (email address)/password for this site?  seems like they are.  If so is changing userid any different than changing email address via your method.

Perhaps you can now start to see the confusion us mortal customers face.

HP Recommended

My HP laptop thinks it lives in Minnesota.  It really lives in Indianola, Iowa.  How/where do I make that correction online?

HP Recommended

One spot might be here:

1) Login

2) Click MyAccount

3) update personal information???

Better hurry, hp loves moving things around

HP Recommended

my previous email address was [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

@katherine5 wrote:

my previous email address was <removed from post>

Posting an email address publicly is not a good idea.  What is it you are trying to ask or accomplish?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.