Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 15 ac107na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Notebook will not charge while in use but charges on standby and when off. Any help appreciated. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Cha1

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand there's an issue with charging,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you reset the device to release any excessive static from the PC?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

• Having your laptop running and plugged in, let the battery die at which time the screen will turn off.
  • Press the On/Off button until the laptop powers completely OFF.  Be sure to leave it plugged in.
  • Wait a few minutes.  You will notice that an orange light will turn on where the adaptor plugs into the laptop.
  • Once this happens, wait a couple more minutes. 
  • Finally, power up your laptop.  You will notice that the power meter on the task bar will now read "Plugged In. Charging".

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks I will try the above! No I haven't reset the device to release static, is there a link to this procedure?
HP Recommended
There is also a start up error as well my son has just informed me, the laptop has had no internal components changed but it says on start up that system board (00A) system board CT number???
HP Recommended

@Cha1

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

The steps I had suggested are a part of the hard reset I had mentioned,

That said, I also recommend you reinstall the battery drivers:

• Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If the issue persists, please update the BIOS and Chipset drivers: Click here to find and install

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.