nmgyrl
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Community notification used old email address

HP Recommended
Other

Today I received an email notification about the newly-implemented member rankings. However, it went to my old email address.

I changed that in my HP community/forums account profile more than a year ago, and when I logged on here today to check the account, the old address was not recognized for login, nor was it in my profile anywhere as far as I could tell.

Why did the forum management software use an email address that is no longer referenced in my account? It ought to be using current profile data. I could understand a slight lag in updating everything when someone's email changes, but if that takes over a year, you have a major problem.

Please fix this - and note that I am probably not the only one whose account was affected in this way, so it ought to be fixed so it doesn't happen to anyone. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
nmgyrl
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: email confirmation of this post went to the new address.

So there is something very odd here.

0 Kudos
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 491
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nmgyrl,

Regret any confusion.  Please send me a private message with the correct email address so that I can confirm and update your profile if need be.

Cheers,

Cheron

HP Support Community 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation