Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello all,

I want to get in touch with someone who can help me fix my printer. I have tried finding help from HP and the Support Community to no avail. And I have tried to complain. Also to no avail.

The only progress I have made is an answer directing me to the HP Support Webpage where there are the addresses of HP offices. (That was no help since I could already find those on the site.)

I sent a physical letter by post to the closest office to me. That was ten days ago.

I have had no reply whatsoever. Not an acknowledgement, not a rebuff, certainly not an offer of assistance. Nothing! This from a company with an annual revenue of about $60 billion and assets of around $1 trillion.

I had a message (before I sent the letter) responding to my last posting not giving any help but asserting that we are here to help you but for that we also need your help and understanding  - It insinuates that I am blocking HP from helping. That is absolutely untrue:

1. I want advice on fixing my printer. Please someone get in touch and offer that advice and you will find I am very understanding.

At no point have I received any message approximately saying, “ I understand how frustrating it is when technology fails. But I am familiar with your model of printer. Its serial number and all the other relevant details have been passed to me. Let me try to guide you to a remedy for the problem.” – I have not received any message even remotely similar to that. (Yet supposedly there are 2.5million members of the support community.  Btw, I’d like to know how that figure is arrived at.)

2. I want to complain to somebody at HP who cares.

The message I got from WanderP who says he is responsible for the Community responding to my 5th February posting mentioned above was not helpful. I replied to him five days ago stating that I’m still in the same situation as before. He has not replied.

What is wrong with HP?

I can do little except repeat the same request:
Can someone please get in touch with me and guide me to a fix for an HP printer that is relatively new and has not suffered any damage to my knowledge yet is not working?

If someone from HP does get in touch with me please do not once again send a pre-written pro forma response asking for my details. I sent them already as WanderP has acknowledged. – It feels as if I am now dispatching a message in a bottle across the desert wastes of HP's bureaucracy.

Is there anyone who has a constructive answer or comment?

Thanks,

Mozartian

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mozartian

We are here to help.  Your concerns were previously escalated to the HP Support in UK.  Our recommendation at this time is that continue to work

with that team as they are your point of resolution.

Cheers

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

It's easy to say you are there to help without meaning it.

If you are there to help then please send me the contact details for a specific person, or have a specific person contact me.

HP UK did not try to contact me, as I explained to WanderP who says he is managing the support community. Have you consulted with him about what they didn't do?

I received an unverifiable  pro forma email purportedly from HP UK containing provably wrong information one evening, at a time of day too late to reply,  When I didn't get back by the next day, they sent me another email saying that as they had tried to get hold of me unsuccessfully "following due process we will hereby close the escalation." They also said not to reply as they "will not receive emails on closed escalations." I relayed this all in full detail to WanderP the next day. He did nothing about it. But he too says he is there to help.

You recommend that I should continue  - continue? continue? - to work with that team. How can I continue working with them if they never began - never began - working with me? You have the situation backwards. Without giving me a chance to reply they closed the escalation before it had begun.  I ask again, What is wrong with HP?

Anyway, why are they the point of resolution? Isn't there an expert in the Support Community who knows my model of printer?

You seem to be avoiding offering help for an HP product that is rapidly becoming a bad advertisement for your company.

M

HP Recommended

To Cheron-Z and others,

As you have posted a response that can be read by all implying that I am blocking HP’s efforts at assistance I am also posting my reply to you openly for all to read. This is an issue the community should be made aware of.

It is easy to say you are there to help without meaning it.

If you really want to help then please send me the contact details for a specific person or have a specific person contact me.

HP UK did not genuinely try to contact me. Have you consulted with WanderP who says he is responsible for the Support Community on what they didn’t do?

I received an unverifiable email purportedly from HP UK containing provably wrong information one evening, at a time of the day too late for me to reply. When I hadn’t replied by the next day they sent me another email saying that “following due process we will hereby close the escalation.” They also said not to reply as they “will not receive emails on closed escalations.” I relayed all this in full detail to WanderP the next day. He did nothing about it. But at least he too says he is there to help.

You recommend that I continue – continue? continue? – to work with that team when they never began – never began – working with me. You have the situation backwards.  Without giving me the opportunity to reply they closed the escalation.

Anyway, why should it be escalated to HP UK? I would expect at some point to make a formal complaint to them. However, in the meantime regarding the initial problem there is surely an expert in the support community who is familiar with my model of printer. All you have to do is put that person in touch with me. It should be a simple matter to do so.

You seem to be avoiding offering help to fix an HP product that is rapidly becoming a bad advertisement for your company.

Sincerely,

M

N.B.This is a rewrite of an almost identical earlier post that was removed by someone anonymously on the pretext that it looked like spam. To me that looks like censorship.

HP Recommended

I feel your pain. I also have an HP printer that I need help with. Mine will not maintain network connectivity.

I also just had a post deleted as spam. It was not spam. I only asked for detailed configuration info regarding Windows Services as they relate to my HP printer. My tone was friendly, not angry or accusing. When the post first got flagged, I immediately contacted the moderator asking how I could reword it so as to remove the flag. Without any response whatsoever from the moderator, my post was removed a short time later.

Years ago, back during the Windows 8 to Windows 8 Update to Windows 8.1 debacle, I had purchased an HP Windows 8 laptop certified to upgrade to Windows 8.1. It failed miserably. Because it was a brand-new laptop, I had free unlimited support, but countless hours and techs later, no one could fix it. Via phone I kept escalating the problem until I got a case manager. He was awesome to work with, but it still took lots of time (6 months almost to the day) and non-quantifiable effort. In the end, my case manager finally helped me select a much better new Windows 8.1 working laptop at no additional cost. However, before that, during his vacation, a temporary case manager told me that HP had done all they could and I was stuck with a laptop that bricked during their recommended BIOS update. When I was again able to contact my original case manager, he apologized for the other case manager's actions. So with everything else already in play with the device and operating system, it seems that how a case is handled can vary greatly from case manager to case manager. All I know, is I am forever indebted to Jose out of Texas.

I wish you the best of luck with a happy resolution to your situation.

HP Recommended

FYI - My post previously deleted as spam is active again!

Really great older topic response re: WIA, but more information, please... 

(with gratitude, HP Forums, thank you!)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.