Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought a mini-tower on May 27, 2008.  Within the first few months, it began to just turn off at random.  After several hours on the phone with tech support, I was instructed to return the computer for service.  Comes back, works OK for a few months, then starts shutting down again.  When it shuts down, most of the time, it won't turn back on for at least a couple of days.  Again on the phone with tech support for several hours - kept dropping the call, took several nights.  Finally, again instructed to send it back to HP.  When it comes back, it works without issues until just after the warranty period has run out.  Then, same issue - turns off and won't come back on for days. Because it is one of the mini-tower models, I have been unable to trouble shoot whether it is a bad power supply - but, surely, if it was, HP would have already switched that out during one of the two times they had it back to work on it. 

I'm thinking it is a just a lemon.  I can't imagine that getting it repaired by HP would mean I wouldn't have problems with it the near future.

My friends who purchase a lot of computer equipment between them strongly recommended HP because of their experiences - one of them had purchased 2 HP laptops within the previous year, the other had purchased (or authorized purchasing) of 5 HP printers.  They have expressed embarrassment for my experiences with HP.

I am 68.  Fixed income.  I cannot afford to replace a computer annually. 

I am not a power computer user.  I need one that gets me on the Internet, plays my music, lets me read e-mail and play games.  My last computer I bought used and it lasted me 5 years. 

My model number:  WN4300R

System (Product) Number:  KJ309AA#ABA

Serial number:  MXU81202TT

Service Number:  QTD662-01

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This forum is to leave feedback and suggestions directly relating to these message boards. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.