Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Sir

This is regarding cases [Personal Information Removed] for my HP Spectre x360 laptop purchased on 3rd Jan 2019 from Best Buy (San Francisco,CA).

Just to brief you on the situation at hand, on 29th July, my HP laptop under completely normal circumstances didn't turn on and even after multiple attempts it showed no signs of life. I checked with HP support and to my disbelief they told me over-call that the motherboard was gone and handed over a quote of INR 96,325 (USD 1295) for the replacement which is more than the price of a similar spec laptop.  

This ordeal brought back memories of the same time almost 2 years back when this same laptop had faced the same motherboard issue which had to be eventually replaced and costed a similar amount as above (under warranty) and I had to wait almost 2 weeks to get it replaced through HP service and 45 days for HP USA to validate my warranty (Case[Personal Information Removed]).

Apart from the multiple motherboard failures, I have also faced audio issues since day 1 (Case[Personal Information Removed]), issues with the hinge (Case[Personal Information Removed]) and issues with the trackpad as well.

As you can see, there are inherent flaws and manufacturing defects in my PC which have not been addressed correctly and such kind of quality and reliability is not something one would expect from a company like HP. Moreover, when purchasing such a high end PC, I had full trust in HP and was ready to pay a premium over other brands because of the expected quality and reliability and was sure I made a sound decision when I bought it. However, such a bad experience with my HP laptop has completely changed my opinion and I would find it really hard to recommend HP to my friends or family to spend hard earned money on a HP product.

In the current COVID situation when we are having to rely on new ways of working through Zoom, Teams etc. and me being a student, find it increasingly difficult since my PC failed to continue with my classes and tasks and I'm having to work on a borrowed laptop.

Please look into the matter, I would really be obliged if you could be of some support. 

Product Description: HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0013dx

Product Number: 4WB34UA

Serial Number:[Personal Information Removed]

Thanks & Regards 

Ayan

In continuation to my ongoing struggles related to my HP Spectre PC issue resolution, I'd like to summarise and bring to your notice the kind of service that has been offered to me so far. 

1. Last week (1st September), I received a call from the case manager ([Personal Information Removed]) asking me "how much I would be willing to pay" for the fix and/or new purchase of HP laptop.
2. I did not agree to pay for the repairs as this failure is related to obvious quality defects due to which the PC is plagued with repeat motherboard failure issues and the same was acknowledged by the case manager during our previous interactions but now has denied any such thing.
3. I was then offered a "best solution" of 5-10% discount on purchase of a new HP PC, I declined the 'generous' offer since there are much better discounts on e-tailer websites in case I ever intend on using my hard earned cash on purchasing an HP PC ever again.
4. Exhausted with all the discussions which got me nowhere, I finally asked if the existing PC can be fixed through HP to which the case manager said that he will check with management and get back to me in 2 days. He then sent a generic copy-pasted mail mentioning none of this and has not reverted to me till date (more than 8 days have passed), also my calls to him go unanswered.

At this point, I believe this is not just a product quality issue but also a fundamental flaw in the way Customers are treated by HP.

Almost 2 weeks have passed where the case manager has just been going back and forth liasioning with Management, getting me nowhere and coming up with unfavourable solutions. I have never experienced such unprofessionalism and sarcasm in the way I was spoken to when I was asked how much I am "willing to pay" with any other Company in the past.

I feel mentally strained and my exams are fast approaching, I do not have the energy to engage in more discussions and I would really be grateful if you could please offer me assistance on this issue ASAP.

Thanks & Regards

Ayan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@AyanBhatnagar,

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.