RyanLWilliams
Level 4
107 102 6 15
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Deleting My Forum Account

HP Recommended

Hello HP Forum Feedback & Suggestion,

I've been inactive for quite some time now, the reason why is because I'm no longer have time to help you wonderful people. I'm sorry but I have to go :Crying: I have not got the time to contribute and I'm sorry :Crying:

How do I permanently delete my HP Forum account, I can't find how to delete it anywhere? 

Yours faithfully,

Ryan

If my solution has worked, please like this post click Kudos! to show appreciation.

I am NOT a HP employee, just a volunteer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
BasicallyIDoWrk
Level 4
59 59 3 13
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure if you can delete only your Forum account, and actually I see no reason for that - it doesn't matter if you'll keep posting or not, I wouldn't delete my account.

I've already seen you can delete your HP Passport. Be careful, though, as you might access other HP sites with this same passport. 

To delete your HP Passport, you should go to your profile page, clicking on your screenname on the upper right of any Forum page, then you click on My Account on the right rail.

You should see the section: Edit HP Passport > User ID - Password - Contact Information - Security Questions

Click on Contact Information, and at the bottom of the page you'll see the "Delete profile" option.

delete profile.png

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
Bill_F
Retired
Retired
2,200 2,012 147 323
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @RyanLWilliams

Deleting an account on the forums also deletes the posts, so we don't do that, except for spammers. So, @BasicallyIDoWrk is correct, you don't have to delete your account, you can just turn off notifications in your profile and not log on and you will not hear from the forum again. But if you ever want to come back, you can and we'd love to have you.

thanks for visiting!

bill

community manager

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation