Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DF1050TW
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

New DF1050TW Digital WIFI Photo Frame. Photos received from cell phone that were taken in portrait position; display in a horizontal landscape positon. Pressing the rotate button corrects the position; but it doesn't hold. When I put it back in slideshow mode; the photos are sideways again. How do I lock the position?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there! @romo5000, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand the photo frame does not stay rotated when viewing the pictures.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number to assist you better.

As you mentioned the photo frame does not stay rotated when viewing the pictures.

Pictures will be automatically rotated based on the frame orientation.
Pictures can be manually rotated by pressing the button in the slideshow or browse mode.  Note: if a picture is rotated while in slideshow mode, the frame will automatically enter into photo browse mode.  Each press of this button will rotate the picture by 90 degrees to the right.

If the issue still persists try performing a factory reset on the digital photo frame.

if you wish to restore All the settings to the factory 
default, use  or  to highlight YES and then 
press the button.

Refer the user guide of the photo frame for more information.

Note: Refer page 11 for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Found solution. Photos need to be edited on app on device before being sent to photo frame.

HP Recommended

@romo5000, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the photo needs to be edited on the app before sending it to photo frame.

I'm glad to know you figured out the issue.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Mr. Robot

I editied the photos on my computer. All photos are upright. When I run a slide show on my PC using picture viewer they are correct. However when I insert the photos into me HP frame DF840. half the photos are rotated and even a few are upside down. I understand how to manually flip a photo . But that doesnt save on the frame and when you run the slide show again it will be back rotated the wrong direction.

Do I need to do something else on my PC with the pictures prior ? I assume like everyone some photos are taken regualr and some landscape. But like I said I flipped them all and saved them but frame still rotating .

Need help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.