Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had an HP employee try to scam me out of $340 last weekend and called the support # to report the problem. I don't think they even care that thier employees are answering the phones, hanging up and calling back then trying to scam the customers out of money with fake computer support.

I reported this problem and they said they would get back to me.

Today, they left a voicemail saying that they wanted me to repeat the whole story- this sounds like the runaround.

I think HP is in on it and trying to make money while not fixing the problems that people call to report. Does anyone have the # for 60 Minutes on CBS? This would make a great story for them!

I want to talk to HP support via email, not the phone, because for all I know, it's just the same scammers at HP calling me back. 

Anyone know an executive at HP who in interested in helping the customer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mustangkrista

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

No one from HP Support will ever cold-call you.

Did you notice the very first post of this section?  How to avoid Tech Support phone scams.

The criminals who are impersonating HP can make their Caller ID name anything they want, including "HP Inc."

I have received other phony calls from folks pretending to be MicroSoft, the US Internal Revenue Service, etc.  I know they are all fake, and respond accordingly!

(BTW, there are several other users who have reported this scam already here on Forum.)

Be vigilant!  You made the wise decision not to fall for the scam.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

The HP person that answered the call was not a scammer, but an HP employee. I called the customer service # and HP has a record of it. This was not a case of HP cold-calling me- I called the number for help and an employee of HP was the scammer. He answered my question about instant ink, then we got disconnected, he called me back on another line- the one was connected to his private business. The exact same thing happened to my husband the day before.

HP Recommended

@mustangkrista

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP and care don't go together. I bought two laptops in last 6 years and ended up with chassis and battery issues for both. The one that I bought in 2014 is an i5 and hinges are very very bad quality and broken. I already to replace the hard drive once. I called HP customer service today and was told that they don't support HP envy. They suggested to go to Best buy because they don't support a 2.5 year old laptop.

I usually don't participate in a negative way but this is frustrating beyond belief.

HP Recommended

NOPE! Run potential buyers!

I have purchased 2 refurb laptops in the past 89 days. I was told that I had 90 days worth of warranty. I have a 15in envy x360 with a bad battery.  After contacting HP tech support: wich provides very little in the way of support or manners; I still have a

HP Recommended

I haven't read anything positive about HP on these forums at all....Sound like a proper useless bunch.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.