cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Dziner99
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Does anyone answer the Care Pack support line?

HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After waiting 40 minutes yesterday for  a rep, was told they couldn't locate the extended warranty I purchased 4 weeks ago that was charged to my card, that I have a confirmation email and case number for. Was on hold for another 2 hours this afternoon, after which they disconnected. Now going in another 35 minutes in hold. Can't use my laptop and can't reach anyone!! Help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
34,490 26,301 3,183 10,142
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dziner99 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

Normally, you can register your own Care Pack Warranty.

Product Registration

Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

>>> Have a Care Pack Warranty that needs to be Registered?

HP Care Pack Registration Page

Reminder:  Online status has no impact on the actual Warranty

==================================================================

Cannot register?

The Community does not have any direct contact with Warranty Services or any internal HP department.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dziner99
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. After more calls and waiting on hold, I finally spoke to someone in Care Pack, who registered my purchase. He then proceeded to tell me that HP will not put the warranty into effect until 30 days AFTER purchase. So, I can't use my laptop right now, paid for an extended warranty but cannot call for service until THURSDAY, because that will be 30 days. This is outrageous, and I will not be purchasing from HP again! 

praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,672 7,665 330 397
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dziner99,

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation