Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sshndydrm
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Dv7 broken hinge

HP Recommended
Just like thousands of other HP laptop owners, I am also having issues with the hinges. The left hinge has completely broken, which has caused several issues :

*The top is lifting up from the base of the laptop
*Several of the teeth on the outside of the fan have broken off
*It is now causing display issues. I am assuming it is because the broken hinge is pressing down on the display cable.

What can be done? Just like everyone else, my laptop warranty has expired. But being that this is a well known issue, I feel HP should repair free of charge.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Omar-E
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 423
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sshndydrm

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
Cas454
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My left hinge is also broken on my HP Envy DV7 and has broken the plastic that the hinge screws into on the base enclosure.   I have propped the lid open and have it supported so it does not do more damage.

The PC is primarily used in one room at home so I can't imagine why it broke.  

My warranty is expired.  I have researched replacement base enclosure and display hinge kit but fear that it will break again.  It is a great notebook otherwise.  Please, please help!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation