Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Here's an email sent to case manager. Waiting for an answer. I've never had a more frustrating experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Case number 4619580608 for HP2740 tablet pc.

This unit, S/N S2CE03106J2 has been in our possession for 23 days. It was on back order from Erie Computer (ph 814-456-5600) shipped August 12, 2010 and delivered by FedEx August 17, 2010. Packing list attached. I believe HP has a policy of replacement in the first 30 days. I paid for a new tablet and certainly don't want a refurbished one.

It has worked intermittently since delivery. Some days it will boot up and work fine, others it will refuse to connect with the router with the error message 'no connection is available'. Besides my network there are several others in the neighborhood that always show up as available connections. None of these show up either.  Device manager confirms all network devices are working normally, blue network button is illuminated,  other computers connected to the network are working normally but troubleshooter says the network switch is off.

I just spent over two frustrating hours with your outsourced 'technicians', straining to understand their heavily accented 'support'. It's plain at least one of them needs more training. I have a background in Electrical Engineering and extensive computer experience.  I told them I thought it was a hardware problem connected to the network switch. After about an hour of repetitive adjustments and restarts without any success, the female 'technician', no doubt following her script, instructed me to connect to hp.com so that we could download updates and continue troubleshooting. This was a strange request since we were trying to fix AN INABILITY TO CONNECT TO THE NETWORK. She finally transferred me to a supervisor who after connecting remotely through an ethernet cable, spent another hour manipulating the tablet before he decided it was a hardware problem and issued the case number.

Please replace this unit ASAP, since we have high hopes for it's capabilities in our Real Estate business.

Thank You

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.