Did you mean: 
lthpuser
Level 2
26 9 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Error Message about "Proposed Post contains "xxxxxx" which is not permitted"

HP Recommended

Half of the time when the HP Support Assistant indicates an update is available (in this case "FWUpdateEDO2_305748.exe" today) the dld appears to proceed normally but afterward I get an HP error message the dld was NOT successful, with a link to manually do the download link ((e.g.http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/HpuFallback/SoftwareDownload.aspx?pids=26106,&lc=en&cc=US&s={9A59EE... ))  and about half of that half, or about a quarter of the time, the secondary manual dld is successful.

I reviewed the proposed post and cannot find "xxxxxx" did not remember using the word "xxxxxx"; clicked on the error message, nothing; tried to look up community rules dealing with "xxxxxx" -- either did not access the correct URL or else there is nothing explicit about prohibiting use of word "******"?

Considered error regarding proposed post is not permitted to contain "******" to refer to ******-like text, i.e. repetitive word patterns, such as the globally recognized phrase, "Om Mani Padme Hum" or alternatively "om mani padme om. . . ." but I read the proposed post text outloud and did not hear or see such a repetitive pattern.

I am stumped - can someone explain what, the error message, "the proposed text contains ****** which is not permitted in the community."

Thank you. lthpuser

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
WyreNut
Level 15
16,237 14,996 1,038 2,094
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you're sure the word is not obscene, it may have been added to the spam filter for a reason - a spammer may have been using the word in titles of bot-generated posts.

You can try posting it with spaces in between the letters...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation