Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-23-2018 03:09 PM
Welcome to the club. Same time period involved. Credit card cannot block charges, best bet is if charge appears (for me D-Day is 2/24 1300+) file dispute with Card provider. Be sure to document completely all your efforts in letter with dispute to Credit card folks, won once before with HP! Some people are slow learners, will call the bandits at Best Buy before I get into this Strangely accented confrontation/conflict again. Texas Rick
02-23-2018 05:50 PM
If you have submitted and opened a case with HP Technical Support, you have the contact information you received when you opened the case.
Contact HP - provide the case number - explain the problem and ask to speak with your case manager.
No open case with HP Technical Support?
Open Browser to HP Forum,
Scroll down to the bottom of the page,
Click Contact HP
Contacting HP with your existing case information is your fastest option --
Our community forum is not a direct conduit to HP Technical Support.
If you wish to do so:
Wait for an HP Agent to respond to your request on the forum.
- Should there be a response from HP, you will hear back HERE first.
- HP Agent Response times vary widely - response is NOT guaranteed - this is a community forum.
- Be aware of scams and thieves that crawl out from under the rocks – READ the warnings.
Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:
- Be aware of scams, thieves, and vermin that infest the underbelly of community forums.
- Sometimes when you ask for help, these creatures crawl out from under rocks to pounce on the unwary. These people are NOT here to help you.
- Should there be a response from an HP agent, the agent will first post back here on the forum.
- HP Agent Response times vary widely – agent response is NOT guaranteed. This is a community forum; we are NOT HP Technical Support.
- USA / Canada: HP Technical Support (for other than Instant Ink Support) does not post contact information for your region until after you submit an online case.
- Scammers show as a "new" member on the forum:
- Scammers almost always show as a "new" member on the forum.
- Scammers usually have a "zero" ranking (tiny zero at the end of the profile name).
- Scammers typically do not post a public response / question. That is the reason scammers usually have no "rank" other than zero. Scammers that post are caught and removed from the forum.
- Scammers quickly sneak in and send a Private Message promising help if you would just call “this number”.
Signs of Vermin:
- Do not respond to messages: “for hassle free help – kindly call us at this number”.
- Do not respond to messages: "Gee, it is so difficult to help you on the forum -- call us!"
- HP does not post unsolicited private messages that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
- HP does NOT sign messages / email / posts as “Helpdesk”, “TechHelp”, “TechDesk” or anything similar.
- Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
- HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
- HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
- HP will not call you to offer you money.
- HP will not insist that you let the technician log into your computer.
- HP will not tell you your computer is full of malware and then offer to sell you a “plan”.
- Avatars and "HP" screen name emblems within the content (inside) an email or private message can be faked.
HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
02-23-2018 06:36 PM
The latest is that it is 72 hours of BUSINESS TIME! 8 hours a day = 9 CALENDAR days = 72 hours in "HP Time"
Support says that they do not trust the Forum reporting. "
They will call and close out account at THEIR convienence in THEIR time frame and will leave message/voice mail if no contact." per Support at 1700 hrs 2/23/18.
They were SUPPOSED to have offered a no contract, one time service call at 99.99 and all the Mickey Mouse would be null and void! Never got it!
Gotta luv 'em these guys support each other and Company policy which is bad news for consumers.
Hang in there, otherwise it will be you and your Credit Card provider. I won last time, even the actual Support Staff said I was due a refund. R