Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion x360

I ordered a 700 HP in August, when I purchased it the mouse (trackpad) wouldn't click properly. I am not an HP conissour, and have always had MacBook, so I assumed it was an HP issue that maybe the mouse wasn't as sensitive. I raised the sensitivity high, and ended up getting an external mouse. I eventually got laid off from my job, which is why I originally purchased the computer for remote working. I have a MacBook for personal use. Since, I got laid off I hadn't been using the computer for about a month. When I finally went to use it without the mouse attached it wouldn't sense my fingers, move, or click. 

This is when I contacted HP.

They ran me through some steps, and assured me that the mouse should have been working properly since day one and that it's not something that should be happening. They ran me through some steps, and agreed that I should send it in to get repaired AT NO COST to me because I have 10 months of warranty left. 

I send it in, and didn't get any notice or update for about 1-2 weeks. I didn't get any update ON THEIER TERMS, I ended up calling in and inquiring over my laptop. I was then told that I would be charged ACCIDENTAL damage of 405 dollars. (I oringally paid 670 for the laptop) 

That's like me going to a mechanic for a lightbulb fix, and they tell me the motor is broken. -_- 

Not only was I not contacted about this, but I HAD TO CONTACT THEM for this update. I was livid. There was NO ACCIDENTAL damage, and I told them if they can check transcripts of my inquiries SINCE I purchased the laptop about the trackpad. Despite this, I told them there was no accidental damage, and that I hadn't even used the computer since I have a MacBook and got laid off from my job. I told them that the laptop Is working 100% fine and that the only issue was the mouse not working (low sensitivity).

When I got in touch with a representative over the phone, the guy agreed with me and told me he would escalate the case.

HAH!

It's been 3-4  days since the "escalation" and have not received a call. I was told I would get a call in 24-48 hours. So, I called today at the "end" of the 48 hours. I was told that there wasn't any update but that I'd get a call AGAIN in 24-48 hours.

What kind of sinister joke is this? I'm not sure what to do, or how to even handle it at this point. How does it make sense that I have warranty and they're charging me 85% of what the laptop is worth 2 months ago when I purchased it?

What should I do!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JenniferAquino, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.