Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This forum DOES NOT WORK ON FIREFOX.

I cannot log in on Firefox.  I can log in and look at this forum only on IE.  That would be RIDICULOUS even if this were a forum for a gas station or a shoe-shine parlor.  But it's a forum for H-P !!!!! 

H-P, have you ever heard of Firefox?

And the look of this forum is awful.  Too much wasted vertical space.  Terrible.  The opposite of Apple-level ergonomics and class.  A terrible public face for a company like H-P.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which Firefox are you talking about ? I use Firefox (including Nightly) 95% on this forums, I only use IE when I have to use my work machine.

For the black/white spaces at the right and left hand sides, please just think about MANY people out there still use lower resolution screens.

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Honestly is it surprising? The HP products are no longer reliable and their is no way to contact customer service other than these criptic methods.  After missing another work deadline due to a malfunctioning HP product I am calling uncle and tossing our last HP printer (it was less than a year old.)

HP Recommended

@anotherhpvictim wrote:

Honestly is it surprising? The HP products are no longer reliable and their is no way to contact customer service other than these criptic methods.  After missing another work deadline due to a malfunctioning HP product I am calling uncle and tossing our last HP printer (it was less than a year old.)

Hi,

Sorry, you are trying to run away with your beginning question, I can'r help.

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is an image with me logged into the forum on Firefox.  I usually use Google chrome. If you feel you can make improvements , then why don't you design something better than Lithium did and try to sell it to HP?

forum on firefox.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Forum works on pretty much all flavors of Firefox. 

It's like anything else -- Firefox has a habit of updating almost every other day -- one has to get over it and understand that every so often Firefox is going to do something odd that causes havoc.   You can turn off the constant updates or live with it.  

Most of the rest of the time, we do these things to ourselves with Firefox taking the blame.

You may have to turn off your Hardware Acceleration for some of the Firefox options to work properly after Firefox version 17.  That is NOT an HP issue.

You have to keep an eye on Ghostery - keep it locked down -- but keep an eye on it.  Every so often something weird happens in Ghostery.

You must keep an eye on No-Script - and you must allow the HP and the lithium bits or you cannot use the editors properly.

SimplePass does work with the forum, BTW, in case that was next on the list.

You are welcome here, please enjoy the benefits.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.