Did you mean: 
Carr1e
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Failed hinges on Envy x360 causing screen to split from casing

HP Recommended
Envy x360

The hinges on my daughter’s Envy x360 have failed twice in the 2 1/2 years that she has had it.  This caused the screen to split away from the casing when it was folded back (see picture below).  This seems like a design flaw if that component fails so frequently.  Has anyone else had this issue and knows why it happens? It is not like it is something that could have been prevented as it is supposed to be folded back to use the tablet mode (which also always seems to become problematic whenever there is a windows update - but that’s another story and HP have helped with that in the past!).

94A908E3-C305-4037-A2A3-47F625D80F87.jpeg

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,619 4,009
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Carr1e I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation