cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Faulty Product and Horrible Support

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

TL;DR I need a laptop for work, arrived as of I had already owned it for 6 years: Faulty. Waited an hour for my support call to be picked up only to be dismissed under "Buyer's Remorse," as stated on my return form. It's passed the 30 day return policy and I can't get ahold of anyone who can actual help me. My product is still under warranty, it's barely been 3 months.

I'm a digital artist, so having a computer is essential to what I do. As soon as my old laptop, a refurbished HP laptop I bought from Amazon, stopped working, I looked for a new one. I decided to purchase directly from HP itself. 
I get ordering just as Covid-19 hit was going to delay my new device so I just waited patiently for almost 20 days.

Immediately after is arriving, I started running my usual tests: How many tabs of chrome will it handle smoothly? Will it run a drawing program? Video editing, screen recording? 

It did very poorly and wasn't able to handle more than 2 tabs on Chrome.  Audio glitches, laggy. I couldn't run my drawing program. I played with it for a few hours, hoping it would adjust to my usage patterns and sort itself out but it didn't, That's when I called the HP return number to get it refunded and returned. I was waiting for a support rep for over an hour, I tried to explain that my computer was slow and wasn't even running chrome. I was just given the return information and sent an email to print the labels out. That's where I noticed that it was marked as Buyer's Remorse and I was going to have to pay nearly 100$ in restocking fees for a computer that was faulty on arrival. 

I got done with a support chat an hour or so ago where they couldn't do sh*t for me because I was out of the 30 day return policy. I need a computer for work and, while this one has gotten a little better,  it cost me 560$ (627.99$ WITHOUT the discount) and doesn't even begin to do what I bought it for. And they want me to pay to restock a product that was faulty when I got it. 

After waiting on a call for an hour and getting nothing done, I gave up for a while. Nothign was going to move any quicker because Covid had just started sticking it's head out and all support departments were scattered. The chat I just finished was ended before my issue was resolved, but I was being told they couldn't do anything outside of the 30 day return policy (but still told me to contact returns).  I'm not going to sit on call for another hour today, but if I can't get it resolved I'll be disputing the purchase through my Paypal for a full refund and return, because HP themselves can't take care of their customers. I'm not going to buy from HP again either way. Y'all sealed your deal.

I meant to type Nylon but the H is there so I guess I'm stuck with it.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,819 19,778 868 921
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nhylon
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation