Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
What happened to the ability to cut out a block of text in a reply? You know,for instance if you have typed several lines and then decide one sentence should be snipped out and pasted elsewhere in the paragraph.Only option now is to backspace it out and retype.I thought we had it before, and also a  'Copy' button to copy text before posting?

I also thought we originally had the ability to attach a file to a reply?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Testing a response to your query. I've typed a bunch of text and a portion of it will need to move to another portion.

I'm going to insert something right here: text and a portion .... Worked just fine.

About the attachements, are you not seeing an "add attachments" link below the tag section when you reply?

GarenT

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
I don't have a way to cut a portion out and insert where desired.I can use the Insert Code to copy into and insert but not the same results as snipping and pasting_much like a web mail interface  has.

Buttons at top are Font Family,Size, A,B,I,U,ABC.Insert Code,Paste from Word,Smileycon,Ruler,Insert link,Insert Image and then the usual paragraph formatting tools.

No,I don't see the Attachment option below Tags.Some others don't see it either because I have been asked about it. 😞

HP Recommended
Under Tags,I have only 'View discussion in a popup".

HP Recommended

Hi,

When I'm in edit mode for a reply (like I am right now), I'm in graphical mode and not html mode. I simply highlight the section I want to copy and then do a ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V to do the copy/paste. You are right, there isn't the normal little snip icon, but using normal copy/paste should work.

I've checked into the attachment idea. Right now, the permission needs to be set to allow people to add. We released the forum without that ability except for the admins and mods. We are currently looking into adding this permission for higher ranks and will let you know what we determine. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

GarenT

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

The question of attachments came from a couple of BSF users that I suggested move to this forum.The guys were struggling over how to exchange emails to transfer a driver file which was too large to add as attachment in the thread (BSF has that option,with 1MB limit).

I mentioned PM function and some of the other goodies here.The guys promptly moved their subject over here and quickly resolved their problem via PM.They seemed quite pleased with the forum here,but one did question why there was no 'attachment' option here.

The guys also wondered if there is an option in the works to subscibe to email notice of Daily New Posts for various forum categories,such as BSF has.As far as I know now the only thing you can do is subscibe to individual threads?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.