Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Today I had to use the "Forgot password" facilty to be able to log in. I had tried what I thought was every possible password but obviously didn't get the right one. After receiving the email to create a new password and following that through, when I logged in it took me to a page that said to complete my profile I had to choose a  User ID.  I put in my user ID and it said it was already taken. Well of course it's taken - it's my User ID!  I tried logging in with the User ID instead of my Email address but of course now it doesn't recognise my new password. I was forced to log in with my email address which again took me to the "Choose a User ID" screen where my only option was to create a new one. Why have I been forced to create a new User ID  when all I wanted to do was change my password?

Since I can see no way to remove this post I'm editing it to say that it was my error. I was trying to log in under a difderent email address and that's why the password didn't match.  It seems that somehow along the way I had created a new log in and that's why it wanted a new ID.  My mistake - sorry to all 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.