Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kg46
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Forum Frustration - Forced to select new User ID

HP Recommended

Today I had to use the "Forgot password" facilty to be able to log in. I had tried what I thought was every possible password but obviously didn't get the right one. After receiving the email to create a new password and following that through, when I logged in it took me to a page that said to complete my profile I had to choose a  User ID.  I put in my user ID and it said it was already taken. Well of course it's taken - it's my User ID!  I tried logging in with the User ID instead of my Email address but of course now it doesn't recognise my new password. I was forced to log in with my email address which again took me to the "Choose a User ID" screen where my only option was to create a new one. Why have I been forced to create a new User ID  when all I wanted to do was change my password?

Since I can see no way to remove this post I'm editing it to say that it was my error. I was trying to log in under a difderent email address and that's why the password didn't match.  It seems that somehow along the way I had created a new log in and that's why it wanted a new ID.  My mistake - sorry to all 😞

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation