Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

While watching these forums, one thing stands out above everything else here. I've noticed that whenever there's a post bearing even the slightet resemblance to a complaint about anything HP related, one of the mods such as Wendy, Sandy or Bianca are right there with a generic statement shutting down the thread or asking the poster to contact them through a PM. I even saw a thread closed stating that it had gone off topic when the topic was about poor customer service received. Many of the posts I"ve noticed this on are indeed people seeking to interact with other HP users which is what this forum is about. Some of the posts from the mods are telling the OP to PM them about thier problems and it's already been stated in the very beginning that this is not a Customer Service forum. Why PM you when you're not customer service? Are we only supposed to voice negative news and opinions in private? Is HP policing the thoughts and opinions of the public now? Is this some sort of damage control technique? This message is on topic being that it's about the forum and not voicing problems that I've had with HP products or service. I'm not seeking customer service help here just making an observation and voicing an opinion here, Let's see how long it takes Wendy, Bianca or Sandy to react or not to this message. How long will it take for this thread to be locked because it doesn't meet HP's standards of communication guidelines?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You know, I've been observing this website as a whole for the past week as well, and this doesn't bother me. Every service website monitors it's forum posts and frankly, a website is PR tool. The site as a whole is chalk full of information, and HP has a right to mod the forum however it sees fit.

HP Recommended

@Dokk45 wrote:

While watching these forums, one thing stands out above everything else here. I've noticed that whenever there's a post bearing even the slightet resemblance to a complaint about anything HP related, one of the mods such as Wendy, Sandy or Bianca are right there with a generic statement shutting down the thread or asking the poster to contact them through a PM. I even saw a thread closed stating that it had gone off topic when the topic was about poor customer service received. Many of the posts I"ve noticed this on are indeed people seeking to interact with other HP users which is what this forum is about. Some of the posts from the mods are telling the OP to PM them about thier problems and it's already been stated in the very beginning that this is not a Customer Service forum. Why PM you when you're not customer service? Are we only supposed to voice negative news and opinions in private? Is HP policing the thoughts and opinions of the public now? Is this some sort of damage control technique? This message is on topic being that it's about the forum and not voicing problems that I've had with HP products or service. I'm not seeking customer service help here just making an observation and voicing an opinion here, Let's see how long it takes Wendy, Bianca or Sandy to react or not to this message. How long will it take for this thread to be locked because it doesn't meet HP's standards of communication guidelines?

While I am not a moderator\admin here, I'm just gonna say that this sub-forum is for feedback and suggestions about the forum itself and not related to any HP products or services. That could be the only reason they're getting the padlock. You can definitely post any concerns in the appropriate sub-forum for the product you are using, and I'm sure they won't be locked. I've seen such posts in the product sub-forums, and they've been untouched by any mods.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.