Did you mean: 
lostsowl
Level 4
87 64 2 25
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Forum always logs me off

HP Recommended

Is the forum set up to automatically log users off after some period?  I routinely get logged off, if I'm participating /  watching posts, but haven't actually changed screens or posted in the forum for a while.  Then when someone replies to an active thread, I have to login again.

There's a check box on login page to "remember my ID", which keeps most forums from kicking you off.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,855 32,557 3,013 10,927
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes,  There is an Auto-logout on the forum after a period of inactivity.

Buy an Eikon mini USB fingerprinter for your notebook or desktop.  The AuthenTec people are mostly out of business now, but the HP SimplePass software works on it and there is a Validity driver that works for it that is still around.

No more logging back in when you are bounced out.  Just swipe your finger.  Magic for people who do not like to type passwords.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

See a Post that is useful - or that teaches you something you did not know?

Your HP Experts are here to help.

Click the Kudos Star!  It is a great “Thank You” for the Author.

Solved?  Click this Post "Accept as Solution" to help others find a Fix.

Year of the Dragon 2012   Year of the Snake 2013

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation