Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I'm sometimes reading a post, and I would like to reply. I first click "Log in", and then sign in. After I sign in, however, it takes me to the main page, instead of the page I was at. Frustrating.

Sometimes I would like to make a post. I click the "New Post" button, and then get an error message saying "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue." I wish the "New Post" button wouldn't appear if I'm not allowed to post.

Shane.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey Shanester,

When you get the error about posting or replying....it may be something to do with your browswer...

here is a document about troubleshooting Internet Explorer, I'd suggest using the reset function. 

The issues you have are normally caused by something interfering with IE, either an add in, cookie or something similar. Reset usually fixes it.

Bill_F

Community Manager

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I'm getting the same error message in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. I think it only happens in the "Welcome to the Forum!" forums.

Shane.

HP Recommended

Hi!, Shanester:

Write to any moderator, of this Forum (p.e. danny_r). I was the same problem with IE, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. 

IMHO, the problem is, of HP server, with your ID (user).

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Hey Shanester,

The posts in the Welcome to the Forums are locked, which means you can't reply to them. That's probably why you are getting an error message. 

Bill_F

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@Bill_F wrote:

Hey Shanester,

The posts in the Welcome to the Forums are locked, which means you can't reply to them. That's probably why you are getting an error message. 

OK. When I saw the "New Post" button, I thought I could make a new post.

Shane.

HP Recommended

Yeah Me Too.

Whats the good of being a member of a forum if you can´t take part in discussions or complaints.

This is REALLY DEMOCRATIC.

Who is it that dictates the way the system works.

HP Recommended

Hi, Pathfinder77:

My suggestion is, to do, a new user profile (ID) and with, another password.

Sometimes HP, make changes and present, these difficulties. 

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended
I am using hp laptop administrator or password error is occurring while switching on please help me to resolve after 3 times of entering password system disabled code is occuring
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.