Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Lately I have seen a lot of people that have been frustrated with HP customer service.  I saw a couple of posts saying that this forum has helped them a lot more than the customer service has.  This made them still stay with HP and not move to another brand.

Maybe HP should also put this forum information into their list of people/departments to contact when purchasing a new HP product.

My point in posting this is to spread the word to all the people you know that have HP products, to give this forum a try before leaving HP behind to try another brand.  I know I hated the HP website, until I found this forum to help me understand things more clearly.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Comptronic wrote:

Lately I have seen a lot of people that have been frustrated with HP customer service.  I saw a couple of posts saying that this forum has helped them a lot more than the customer service has.  This made them still stay with HP and not move to another brand.

Maybe HP should also put this forum information into their list of people/departments to contact when purchasing a new HP product.

My point in posting this is to spread the word to all the people you know that have HP products, to give this forum a try before leaving HP behind to try another brand.  I know I hated the HP website, until I found this forum to help me understand things more clearly.

Just want to "bump" this back to the top. :generic:

HP Recommended

Comptronic,

I agree with some of your observations about frustrated people. Some of this may be due to people not reading thru the Getting Started Manual that comes with most PCs.

I know that the support phone service and even the online service can frustrating at times.  Been there and done that.

Premature hardware failures with hardware that is still being shipped even if it's not covered under warranty should be in a "recall" plan and replacement process.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Yeaa, too bad the other branches of customer support aren't going to listen well enough to acknowledge this fact.

HP Recommended

I'm not saying it happens all the time, but my assumption is that a good portion of people having problems with ANY product is caused by "user error".  The majoity of the people may think they know what they're doing, but really don't.  They may have thought they installed a program correctly, properly shut down, replaced a cartridge correctly, but really did not.  Those are just some of my assumptions.

If I'm wrong in my assumption, please correct me.

HP Recommended

carry that torch, even though HP will ignore you, because others who are frustrated with their services and looking for answers can benefit from reading the negative experiences of other people.  it might save them weeks of frustrating back and forth with corperate case management.  if anyone reading this is having frustrating warranty or customer service issues with this company check out my profile and take a look at some of the posts I have or am currently participating in.  thats pretty much the main focus of my postings and the reason i joined this community in the first place.

~ Adam Michael Carlson
HP Recommended

I'm a computer consultant and I have a computer engineering degree.  My frustration with HP is their rude and incompetent support techs in India when I sent my laptop back for repair.  

Read my posting here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Suggestions/candidate-for-most-rediculous-customer-s...

HP customer service is terrible.  It doesn't have anything to do with user errors.  I've worked with other companies who has customer support personnel in India and they are professional and courteous.  I think HP tech support in India is constantly being yelled at by frustrated customers who are fed up with their incompetence that it becomes a vicious cycle.  I call in and immediately I'm met with a condescending tone and rude language.  They put you on hold for 15-20 mins on purpose and comes back to tell you what is on the status page.  Come on HP.  I used to be a fan of HP products and services.  HP customer service is down in the dumpster and it doesn't have to be this way.   

HP Recommended

I hope you don't mind if I keep "bumping" this post.

If I should stop, please let me know.

I just think that this would help HP and not push away consumers.  If the "normal" consumers knew about this forum, it would be really beneficial to them.  Mayne HP should add this forum to their "Advisor" Dock, as a shortcut. 

HP Recommended

Dear Comptronic,Big Dave,and
other Forum friends,
  I know that once I will post something here I will be "swimming in hot murky waters".
Please pardon my analogy and consider my post as just SHARING MY OWN EXPERIENCE. In
NO WAY that I am siding,endorsing, or giving favor to anybody,any company or any brand of product.
 Lesson#1) Back in Engineering school,I remember that it was not even an Engineering subject,that I learned a principle:
"You always get what
you accept".
 I applied this lesson several times,and in one instance me and my son bought an HP Pavilion with our hard earned money in one of the HP
stores in Metro-Manila.Before we went to that store,we went
window-shopping- a sort of Competitive Analysis or Comparative Analysis, and we
decided to buy an HP. Before
my son handed his credit card
and mine in a combined account
credit card purchase, we asked the store technician to connect evrything,plug it on to the power mains and let Windows boot up. We (me and my son) run
a few test that we know and tried browsing the internet
using the store's internet connection, until we are SATISFIED that we are buying
an "UP and RUNNING" WORKING
PRODUCT, that satisfies our own taste.Then and only then,we allowed the cashier to swipe
our credit cards.It doesn't even involve Knowledge of Fincancial Management to be able to think about that.We have purchased several
HP products since then and we
never called CUSTOMER SERVICE.
We think we know how to buy
things properly.

HP Recommended

Lesson#2) While working in another computer company ( I have worked for at least 4 brands).A customer from the
Southern USA, called in and was complaining saying; "You at <the name of my former companY> are making your products so complicated and difficult to operate!! And all the sentences that followed contained verbs,adjectives,and nouns taken from a single root word starting with "F".I know my customers by heart as I worked for Texas Instruments.Inc.,
headquarterd in Dallas, in the Southern USA.
  I simply replied:"Hi <Customer's name>If you buy a car, then the vendor or seller of the car will always expect
that YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE THE CAR.And if you drive erratically in the expressway,the Hoghway Police will catch

you,let you pullover,and give you a ticket,and you may even go to jail if you caused an accident.

Here at <the name of my company>,we don't embarass you even if we know that you are not qualified to use a
computer.WE even teach you how to use them properly when you call us. Just be nice and allow us to work with you,and we are not going to give you a ticket that will cost you money.The customer was awaken to REALITY
THAT HE BOUGHT A CAR (a computer) that he doesn't know how to drive.He apologized and I went on to resolve his issue,and he gave me a nice result in the survey.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.