Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am a non paid, non HP Employee, this is my story and experience.

Hey all you HP Pavilion owners. Have it fixed and resuscitated by the manufacturer. BEST AND SMART CHOICE.

Back in 2008 I purchased a high end DV68765 SE Entertainment Laptop, I purchased it from Bestbuy with a Blacktie protection program, over the 3 years, I had two power supplies replaced and a battery replaced, this was the only problem. It was an incredible machine. Everything worked great, I use it pretty much 24/7. I actually wore out the touch pad so I ordered a new keyboard and touchpad from HP Parts. Having a bit of computer building and repair in my history, I elected to perform the install of the new parts. Well, that all went wrong as due to the small little ribbon connectors on the motherboard, well it broke and once that happens, you are committed to throwing away the laptop or replacing it. At least that's what I thought. I contacted HP Support and explained that I had damaged the motherboard connector. The informed me for a one time cost of 350.00 they would pay the overnight shipping, Fedex, repair my laptop for whatever was wrong with it and return it also paying for overnight Fedex service.

Since I just had spent 150.00 dollars on a new keyboard and touchpad bezel....I needed to continue with the repair. So I opted to pay the350.00. Now keep in mind it was my destruction of the connector, to replace a motherboard was 350 dollars alone from the HP Site. I paid the process fee of 350.00 to the service center call taker, very knowledgeable and courteous, the next day I received a Fedex box for my laptop, sent it off Monday and to my amazement on the following friday, I received my laptop back in like new condition. 4 days total. Unbelievable service and support. In hind sight, I should have done that in the beginning. The even replaced the display lamp which was working perfectly.

I cant praise the service center staff for there professional help enough.....There is only one thing I did and it's not a bad thing....I had written my laptop off for just another Junker. I went out and purchased a brand new DV7 Laptop. So, now I have two really great machines. You know....Service after the sale these days is hard to find at any company as budgets get tight, I WISH TO SAY THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE AT HP SUPPORT FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.

Jim

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

No, thank you Jim86001

As an HP employee working in customer service, I was taught from day one that this company would be NOWHERE without it's customer's.  You are the reason we have been in business all these years and will continue to do so.  So thank you, and everyone else who purchases our products and uses our services :generic:

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.