Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
H.P. C7280 All in 1 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
The problem I have is behind the two sided printing accessory there is a series of guides/fingers (5) their black in color & snap into a gray detail that holds them in place. This guides the paper to the upper rollers. The 1 on the far left popped off the the gray detail this one guide consist of 3 pieces all small that fit together on the gray detail. The problem is I don't know how 1 of them connects & how to get in there to snap them back on to the gray detail. Their not broken seems like a easy fix BUT no room to get at. Looking for information on this repair.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @confuser11 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues with your Photosmart printer. I will certainly do my best to help you!

I understand that the 2-sided printing accessory is slightly broken and you are looking for repair options. Go to http://bitly.com/2oez1Cd and watch the video from 1.00 to 2.00. This very closely shows the duplexer and the rollers inside. Make sure the duplexer rollers in your printer and then one that is shown in the video matches.

If the issue persists, you need to contact the HP phones support to get the repair or upgrade options for your printer.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
?
HP Recommended

Hello DVortex

Thanks for your reply I'v already seen the two videos, you suggested. "NO help to me"

As far as HP Support NO help either... since HP NO longer service the C7280 all in one...

Their is NO paper jammed in the printer & the duplexer is not the problem & isn't damaged.

The problem is BEHIND the duplexer just some small paper guides came off & there's NO room to get in there to put them back on. I NEED something... parts break  down information so I can disassemble what I need to, to put the guides back on or some easier fix

Thank for your guidance... but my heads getting sore hitting the wall. either I'm not getting thru or going to the wrong sites.

Next step YOU-TUBE.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.