Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessicav26
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HORRIBLE customer service

HP Recommended

My entire family has always bought and believed in HP computers, I have had about 5 of my own.  I have always been happy with their products and service until now.  I bought a G60-230US notebook in January and loved it.  The hinges were always a little stiff opening and closing, but I leave it on my desk and don't move it so I didn't think it was a problem.  Last wednesday morning when I turned it on my LCD was cracked, it wasn't like that the night before, so it must have happened when I opened it, but it was obviously cracked.  It had a black jagged line diagnol across the top right corner (where I grab to open and close the notebook) with horizontal lines to the right and vertical lines under it.  I went to the online chat support to find out how to order a replacement and had to explain the whole story about 3 times, and told them I knew that was what it was and it looked exactly like the picture in the help section that said "cracked liquid crystal display".  He still had me download 2 things, and told me to restart and hit F10 to see if they were still there.  I told him that I knew what it was and knew they would be there but I think he was just trying to get rid of me, and wouldn't give me a straight answer when I asked what to do after that.  So I did what he said and then had to log back on to chat and explain the entire thing again.  I gave her the referance number from the last chat session, but she couldn't find it.  I tried again to ask how to order a replacement LCD, but she also tried to get me to do the same thing and didn't clearly answer my questions.  She then told me that my notebook was under warranty so I needed to ship it to get serviced.  I asked if there was a way to ship me a replacement part because I didn't want to ship the laptop (I knew it probably wouldn't be under warranty anyway) but she assured me it was under warranty and she was shipping me a box (once again not answering the question) At this point I had been on there for about 4 hours so I gave up. 

I recieved the box friday afternoon, and shipped my laptop out saturday morning.  I got a confirmation that they recieved it tuesday morning.  It is now thursday evening and I recieved a voicemail to call about my laptop repair.  I called the number back and spoke with a "case manager" named Derick who informed me that my laptop had a broken LCD and is not under warranty.  He said that I can pay for the repair, which would be about $400 (my laptop only cost me $650!!) or they would ship it back.  I did not agree with the options given to me since I had been misguided by 2 of their customer service reps over a week ago, and asked to speak with a supervisor.  He informed me that he was a manager and there was no one else to speak with.  I know that in customer service this is never true, so I continued to ask to be transferred to someone that could help me.  He said that anyone above him was only administrative and did not take phone calls so I could pay or he would ship it back.  I then asked him how much it would be to order a replacement LCD (the same question that I tried to ask over a week ago) and he said he didn't know, and could give me the parts department phone number.  I didn't want to get off the phone and start all over, so I asked him to put me on hold and find out or transfer me, neither of which he would do.  After a 20 minute phone call, he hung up on me.  I called back and waited about 5 minutes and ended up having Derick answer again!  I said "Derick, you hung up on me"  and he replied "Well I can't stay on the phone with you all night.  I gave you your 2 options and I have no choice but to ship the laptop back to you and disconnect this call" and hung up again! 

I can not believe the customer service, I have NEVER been treated this way and have never dealt with a company that will not help me find a solution to a problem (that was their own customer services fault in the first place)  I get better service from Wal-Mart.  I will never buy another HP again, and I will post this complaint anywhere I get the chance.  I guess I learned a really expensive lesson...............

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
WendyM
Level 7
1,018 917 21 140
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This forum is to leave feedback and suggestions directly relating to these message boards. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation