Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'd be interested to know how this forum works - are there any moderators who read the posts.  I posted earlier today regarding a problem I have on my printer - it hasn't even been viewed.

Quite frankly I'm feeling extremely let down by HP recently.  I've always been an HP printer fan but I'm starting to wonder if it really is worth ALL my time and effort - Epson reviews next on th list!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Moderators or Administrator may have more answer(s) for you. I just have a quick note: Based on the following images, your first post was at 2:13AM Tuesday Jul 10 (my time), it has 7 views up to now. I don't know where are the Administrator and Moderators but I beleive they must be around HP HQ (California) or somewhere in India. You can work out what were they doing at that time. (India is 5.5hrs behind my time).

forum.png

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

the asnwers HP gives are no dif than, what is in their manuals. {Content Removed}

printerman
HP Recommended

Cook book techs.

Follow a logic tree and hope that the questions asked were for the actual problem. The real problem is that words mean things and if we each have our own meaning.

Freeze--- 5 minutes I see no change? 10 minutes? 2 days later the computer has not done anything?

Hangs up - - no change in 5 minutes? no change in 10 minutes? no change in 30 seconds? 2 days later the screen is different it turned it's self off.

hesitates - - no change in 30 seconds, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 2 tv shows later there is something different.

I am a patient person. Hesitates no change 30 seconds; hangs 2 tv shows later; and freeze 2 days later. Some one else may react differently 2 seconds for hesitates, 30 seconds hangs, freezes 31 seconds.

So the cook book teck may ask whats your problem give you 4 answers to choose from. And each of us may give different answers from our unique prospective. Me it was hangs up where the same problem may be a hesitation or a freeze to another. Of course then the teck decides to enter another answer cos she don't think you know what you are talking about....

C'est la Vie.  And they might be in Corvallis Oregon

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.