Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freescopesdad
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 20% Off Coupon Scam

HP Recommended

First of all, hi Wendy or Sandy, if that is your real name.  I am sure I will be hearing from you after this post because, after all, I am not lavishing praise on HP.  It appears that all you folks want to hear is kudos - not valid issues or complaints.  But before you post your standard reply, know that I have already participated in a chat session, several phone calls, and quite a few emails with HP sales and support, to no avail.  They all admit HP's mistake in this, but say they can do nothing about it.

Here is what happened...

On 10/18/10 I purchased a new HP Pavilion laptop from Office Depot.  I immediately went online and registered the purchase with HP.  I received an instant response, with a nice 20% off coupon.  I was instructed to insert the coupon's code at checkout when I made an online purchase at the HP store.  So I decided to purchase a spare battery.  Guess what?  The code HP supplied me is invalid.  All of my numerous followup communications with HP confirm that the code is invalid, and all of the HP people I spoke with said "sorry, nothing we can do about it".  Needless to say, it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth about HP.  Heaven help me if I ever need support for the laptop.

OK girls, now you can post your standard reply about the purpose of this forum.

Ron in Sacramento

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
WendyM
Level 7
1,018 917 21 140
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation