Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
32GB HP Flashdrive v212w

USB2.0 Flashdrive v212w.  

Today I purchased three of these 32GB flash drives but when I got home and plugged them into my laptop each one ony had capacity of 28.8GB. 

HP make it impossible to contact them directly through their website so this is the only forum I can find to advise them.  I want them to confirm how they plan to provide me with the other 9.6GB storage which I paid for. 

Consumer Rights Act 2015

11Goods to be as described

(1)Every contract to supply goods by description is to be treated as including a term that the goods will match the description.

(2)If the supply is by sample as well as by description, it is not sufficient that the bulk of the goods matches the sample if the goods do not also match the description.

(3)A supply of goods is not prevented from being a supply by description just because—

(a)the goods are exposed for supply, and

(b)they are selected by the consumer.

(4)Any information that is provided by the trader about the goods and is information mentioned in paragraph (a) of Schedule 1 or 2 to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/3134) (main characteristics of goods) is to be treated as included as a term of the contract.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@woonbyrne

Probably you know nothing about the way vendors (all of them) count bits and bytes and how computers count bits and bytes.

Vendors count in decimal (10, 100, 1000 ...) system and computers count in hexa-decimal system (0 to F). The following link explains why 32GB is only has around 29GB

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-space-in-a-32-GB-pen-drive-only-29-GB

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.