Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-CE002NE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Is there a setting to control the Backlight keyboard on the HP OMEN 15-CE002NE, for example, change the brightness of the light or have animated lighting like fading from low brightness to high or waving from left to right.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@zreikmahmoud98

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an OMEN by HP - 15-ce002ne and would like to know if there is a setting to control the backlight keyboard on the laptop. I'll be glad to assist you today.

I did some research on this case and came across the following information.

• The keyboard should have the Omen key as indicated in the below image:

Pressing this Omen key should launch the Omen Command Center software. From here you may configure the LED lights on the OMEN computer or peripheral device. Lighting features vary by product. Each lighting area will display as a separate tab.

Please refer to "Lighting" from this HP article

I hope this helps. Keep me posted. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

There's no Lighting option, there's only Home and Network booster

HP Recommended

@zreikmahmoud98

Hi,

thanks for letting me know the results.

I suggest you to refer to this Youtube video which helps in using the HP Omen Control Software.

Also, you may refer to this HP document which provides the steps in detail to use the HP OMEN Control software to customize the gaming keyboard.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Well my laptop is a 2017 OMEN Model, it comes with Omen command center instead of Omen Control.

I tried installing Omen control and I've got no luck. 

I assumed that because the laptop is still new and the command center is new too, that they will add the lighting features in some update. I know that my keyboard has only one colour which is red and the WASD  keys have a white colour, but I posted in the feedback/suggestion section so that HP would think about adding a feature to control the animation of the keyboard, maybe atleast while listening to music? 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

@zreikmahmoud98

You're welcome.

It looks as though it is not supported by this laptop model.

we value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share the information.

Take care!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.