Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slice G2 for Teams
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Feature request:

Can the "Share Content" button on the HP Slice's touch-panel be controlled/automated by an external control system (Specifically Extron). Possibly triggered by the HDMI ingest port receiving a signal or not.

For example; When joining a meeting, the share content option on the HP slice would be off by default. Meaning from my perspective (being in a room with a single display), I would see my camera along with the attendees cameras on the right side of the screen, With maybe a dialogue box in the middle/left that says "Waiting for content to be shared". When I select a source to be route to the HP Slice's Ingest module, It would be nice if the slice automatically activates the "share content" option. And as soon as the video signal routed to the HDMI Ingest module is muted,  the slice would deactivate the Share Content option.

This would make things 10000000% easier for the end users / average employees that use our conference rooms.  Seems like this could be an easy option for you guys to add. Please consider this!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This feature is actually already there... it just happens that certain HDMI Transmitters/Receivers do not properly mute the signal into the HDMI ingest port, in-turn causing the slice to believe something is still being ingested when video output is muted. Here is what I found:

**I am the original author of this post - forgot my log-in credentials

Extron - XTP II Matrix system:

- The XTP SR HD 4K receivers WILL work 

- XTP R HD 4K Receivers WILL NOT work

I believe the non scaling receiver, when output is muted, continues to pass the 5v signal through HDMI where as the scaling receivers (SR) do not. The 5v signal is what the Ingest port on the slice is looking for when determining if a signal is present and there for does not revert back to the splash screen when I stop sending video to it via a non scaling XTP receiver. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.