Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15t 8750h
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My unit is Spectre x360 8750H , GTX 1050Ti , 16/512 GB configuration , purchased in US in July 2019 . I'm currently based in China. After hardly a month of use , I ran into an issue " plugged in not charging". I contacted HP and they helped me fix it in China . After a month of wait , it eventually got fixed ( they changed the motherboard and the battery).

The computer was running perfectly. It had 1 charging cycle and 98% Charge Capacity in September 2019. Now my issues are : ( I have mentioned them pointwise so that It would be easier to address them and provide the solutions if any)

1) Fast forward to 2020 , last month I noticed my laptop was overheating . I ran the temperature check using CoreTemp . The readings were 85-95°C on all the cores( Plugged in , HP recommended Balanced Mode in Command Center , Balanced performance battery slider ) . I was merely using Chrome and some YouTube videos...No gaming or battery hungry softwares.... On battery , the readings were around 65°C ( same modes). The temperature would drop a little if I switched to Comfort Mode and Battery Saver mode ( at the cost of severe drop in performance).

2) Recently, I encountered another issue : Decline in battery life . There is a drop of around 10% in half an hour ( Browsing Internet , 40% Brightness , Comfort Mode in HP command Center , Maximum Powersaving on the battery slider ) . It would only last around 5 hours even on battery saving mode and comfort mode . Battery usage shows 38% Microsoft Edge and 24% Rainmeter ( customization app).

3) I did the Battery test and calibration from BIOS ... The results were :

July 28 , 2020
Charge cycle : 120
Charge Capacity: 91 %

( 9 months back it was
Charge cycle : 1
Charge Capacity: 98%)

Is it normal?

Please help... I'd be really grateful ...

(P.S.: My usage is very light , just few hours a day and 2-3 days a week. No Gaming , No high intensity Graphics work)

And right now , I'm out of China and there's no authorised service center nearby. HP has advised me to just wait)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.