subrat_smith
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Spectre 8750H Battery Issues

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15t 8750h
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My unit is Spectre x360 8750H , GTX 1050Ti , 16/512 GB configuration , purchased in US in July 2019 . I'm currently based in China. After hardly a month of use , I ran into an issue " plugged in not charging". I contacted HP and they helped me fix it in China . After a month of wait , it eventually got fixed ( they changed the motherboard and the battery).

The computer was running perfectly. It had 1 charging cycle and 98% Charge Capacity in September 2019. Now my issues are : ( I have mentioned them pointwise so that It would be easier to address them and provide the solutions if any)

1) Fast forward to 2020 , last month I noticed my laptop was overheating . I ran the temperature check using CoreTemp . The readings were 85-95°C on all the cores( Plugged in , HP recommended Balanced Mode in Command Center , Balanced performance battery slider ) . I was merely using Chrome and some YouTube videos...No gaming or battery hungry softwares.... On battery , the readings were around 65°C ( same modes). The temperature would drop a little if I switched to Comfort Mode and Battery Saver mode ( at the cost of severe drop in performance).

2) Recently, I encountered another issue : Decline in battery life . There is a drop of around 10% in half an hour ( Browsing Internet , 40% Brightness , Comfort Mode in HP command Center , Maximum Powersaving on the battery slider ) . It would only last around 5 hours even on battery saving mode and comfort mode . Battery usage shows 38% Microsoft Edge and 24% Rainmeter ( customization app).

3) I did the Battery test and calibration from BIOS ... The results were :

July 28 , 2020
Charge cycle : 120
Charge Capacity: 91 %

( 9 months back it was
Charge cycle : 1
Charge Capacity: 98%)

Is it normal?

Please help... I'd be really grateful ...

(P.S.: My usage is very light , just few hours a day and 2-3 days a week. No Gaming , No high intensity Graphics work)

And right now , I'm out of China and there's no authorised service center nearby. HP has advised me to just wait)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation