Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alison500
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Spectre x 360 w/ Windows 10 does not switch from tablet to laptop

HP Recommended

I recently purchased an HP Spectre x360 with pre-installed Windows 10.  I typically use it as a laptop.  When I use it as a tablet for extended periods - during  3-hour meeting yesterday, for instance - it does not switch back to laptop mode.   When I flipped the keyboard around, I expected the query about whether I wanted to switch to laptop mode to appear.  It did not.  The table/laptop toggle in the Action Center did not work.   I also had some problems with auto-rotation.  The rotation lock toggle in the Action Cnter did not work.  I only solved the problem by rebooting the machine.  When it restarted, all my desktop items were scrambled.  I have a lot, so it was a tedious, time-consuming process to restore them.

Are others experiencing these problems?

P.S.  I am not a "student" but have no idea how to change that description imposed by HP.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
LPISLPIS
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had this same problem today and just figured out how to fix this item. 

-Go to Settings

-System

-Tablet Mode

-When I sign in: Change this setting to:  "Go to the desktop"

Now it will open back up in laptop mode instead of tablet mode when your restart your computer.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation