Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a new HP Spectre x360 WIN10.  For some weeks now I notice a tingling from the casing at certain points into my hands,palm or fingers when typing or touching the unit or simply resting my pam on the unit in pause to type.

Has anyone else expeirenced this and i am quite worried not just due to a more serious shock, but if this can get worse and ruin the PC circuitry.

My unit is under warranty and I did report it but all they say is HP service centre will collect and repair it.  Repair, this seems to be a manufacture error and I feel the unit should be replaced. 

Interested in comments and anyth others with same problem with this exact model.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you checked to see what length of time you have to return it to place of purchase? They would be the only ones to provide you with a NEW laptop.

Regards,

Louis

HP Recommended

@Philandjaz

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply

I have escalated it with HP as it is just 6 odd weeks old, covered under warranty requesting the unit is replaced given the circumstances of the fault and age of PC.

My request is based on the fact this is some assembly fault, it happens fair enough but, this is a brand new PC top of range but regardless what you pay, it is brand new, it is not some obvious hardware error easily replaced some circuitry is grounding to the case...now my pc to me is new when it goes to a HP service centre it is opened up played around with to see where it is grounding and returned to me essentially an opened played around with second hand PC, no longer to me it feels my new working computer that \i expect and maybe they fix error maybe not and who knows what other damage may have been done that causes further error in future.

This concept of having a new computer then its returned an opened up second hand pc so soo after purchasing is what I am angry to have to do which is why I expect HP to replace the PC.  If this was 8 mths into a warranty or some easy hardware replacement \i can see some need to repair but not this soon into a purchase, plus this problem i have had since day one i only reported it later as i started to use the pc more and noticed this problem enough to report it.  Therefore i really should have got home turned on setup noticed the tingling on day day which is what i did and taken it back and it should have been replaced!!!  After all most other electricval units if u took it back so soon they replace!!!#

REPLACE IT HP DO THE RIGHT THING!!!

HP Recommended

Purchased 8 HP Spectre laptops for our company

another employee and myself, in two separate locations are feeling these small shocks.

Any update on this?

HP Recommended
Yes finally afterhaving to push the case to higher managers ttheydid the right thing and eexchange the unit.
Second unit fine not one problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.