Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Accidently erased the HP SureStore app from my HD 3100 external PMD and software will not reinstall.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @Mozel,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that after erasing the Surestore software from your PMD HD3100, you have been unable to reinstall the software.  I am happy to assist with this.

What Operating System are you trying to install it under? According to the support page the software is available for Windows XP/VIsta and 7.  HP HD3100 1TB Personal Media Drive  You might want to try installing it from a system that is using one of those operating Systems, if you haven't already.. 

Was there any specific error when you tried to install it?

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am using windows 7 home premium. The software goes thru the download process, but doesn't put an surestore icon on the desktop. I have installed the software on numerous occasions and it still does not install. I have tried installing the software on the external drive itself as well as the laptop. Can't get passd the execute file after installation.

HP Recommended

Also get this message everytime I try to download the software ..... "There is no HP SureStore drive in your system. Please connect it."

HP Recommended

What exactly was it that you did that erased the application from the drive? Was the partition completed removed and a new one created, the drive formatted, etc?

The support page had two versions of this document the other for Windows ME, so I went with this one: Personal Media Storage - Media Drive Missing in My Computer (Windows XP). Somethng for you to look at.

In the end you may need to contact HP Phone support, because I do not see anything other than the software update, which is not seeing the device properly. This could mean a physical issue or some required software identifier could have been removed .

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP.

I hope this helps  in some way.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I think that I accidently re-formatted the media drive.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.