Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am beginning to realise that HP support is a joke.  I asked how I can get RAM to upgrade to 32GB only to get pointed to a pay per minute support number.  My PC has an intermittent startup issue, where it starts, switches off after half a second then boots normally.  Once again contacted support who offered little help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GuyDunnUK

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the product number of your computer?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
November 24, 2020

Greetings, 

I hope this email finds you well. Yesterday I was informed that a member of the escalation team would be in contact with me by this evening regarding my case (case#5057348478). As of 7:00 pm I had not yet received a call back from a member of the escalation team. m a representative of this team. As such, at 7:24 pm ET I called your Premium Support Help Desk to check on the status of my case. 

After the representative answered the phone, I informed him that I was supposed to receive a call from a member of the escalation team, and as of, yet I had not received a phone call. The representative informed me that he would connect me directly to the escalation team so they could further assist me. The representative said that before he connected me, he would first need to briefly speak with them. He asked if I would mind being placed on a brief hold. I indicated my agreement and was then placed on hold. 

As seen in the attached photos, I stayed on hold for 1 hour and 31 minutes, and 27 seconds. Since the office was closed and I had not heard anything from the representative I eventually disconnected the phone call. I knew at that point I was not going to get any assistance. Is this the type of customer service that HP provides to its customers?
To place a customer on hold for over an hour and a half, without advising them as to the status of what was going on is unacceptable, to say the least. At this point, I need a member of upper management at his highest level to contact me immediately. I will also be contacting the corporate office regarding this incident. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Sincerely, 

Greg Reid
[Personal Information Removed]
Screenshot_20201124-205830.png
HP Recommended

@GregReid

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.