Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP All in One Computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP gave a Hacker, pretending to be me, Full Access to my Computer.

I know this because I had received an Email thanking me for becoming a New Member.

Since then, the Hacker has Crashed my Printer AND my Computer, which won't even boot up now.

When I contacted Support, they basically said, "What do you want us to do about it?".   They didn't even Cancel his access to my Computer when I told them about it!  Now he is Hacking my phone, which he gained access to,  Before he Crashed my Computer.

I saved up Months to get that Computer.  I'm 70 years old & can't afford to buy a New One.  I understand that HP didn't do it on purpose...but they violated my Privacy & assisted him by giving him unlimited Access to my Computer.

All I'm asking for, is that HP help me Restore my Computer.  I know I'm no one important, but I'm begging that they Restore what this Hacker destroyed.

If you won't help me, can you tell me who I can contact for help, please?

Thanks!

[personal info removed]

PS     He can see & hear everything that I write & say.

Please help me!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry i don't quite understand cause and effect
it is not because we receive an email after registration that we are hacked like that ..
Hp does not allow access to a computer like this ..
You have to have been in direct contact with the person in question, how did you get there?
If you are indeed a victim of a hacker, he should ask you something, is it?
Find out, in France, there is a service specializing in hacking, you have to file a complaint to the Gendarmerie
In that you are not sure at least disconnect the computer from the internet.
Try to see for your phone, with your provider what you can do!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

@Prométhée 

Good advice - no one just get into a protected system without having been invited inside.

@brnagn93 

I am sorry you are in trouble.

Jenny - you are making things much worse by posting your private information on our very public website.

Now "everyone" has your phone number, including those who would take advantage of you.

You tried to post your email address, too.

What to do?

Do Not trust anyone who calls you without you contacting them first

and

Do Not trust any email from anyone you do not already know.

The claims you are making are serious, of course.

I will forward your comments to the moderators for review.

I will ask that the moderators remove your private information - better late than not at all.

OR - better and perhaps faster:

You can Edit your own post

Click the three horizontal dots ... in upper right corner of your message

Remove all private information

Click Post to save the edited content.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@brnagn93, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. However, to assist you better, did you contact HP, and did a HP technician take remote access to your computer to setup the printer?

Do you have a case number? 

Do you get any errors on the printer/computer screen?

HP representatives cannot take control of your computer without your permission. Once permitted to take access, the agent will only help you to install the printer software and will not misuse the control as these sessions are monitored by our quality team.

Keep me posted for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.