Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

About a month and a half ago my computer broke due to a botched BIOS update. I sent it in to get it repaired under warranty, and it took them roughly a month to get it back to me (even though they said it would be back in 5-6 business days). When I finally did get it back I turn it on only to find that it had not been fixed entirely. Again I sent it in (after dealing with extremely rude servicepeople) and they have been terrible about shipping it back. They said it shipped last Friday (the 11th) and that it would be two day shipping, and it still has not arrived. Upon asking if I could have it shipped to a different address as I will not have access to my current one for the next 10 days they were again unhelpful and rude.

I will never buy an HP product again.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have to agree with you, Hp seems real happy to take your money but does not follow up with customer care. I bought my laptop 2 years ago. The disc tray for the cd drive is stamped with a blu-ray logo on it leading me to believe that it was indeed a blu-ray player. I have not used it because I have another blu-ray player in the house and have'nt needed to. When my other player died on me I attempted to use my laptop. It didnt work. I took it in for repair and was informed that the blu-ray was not part of the specifications of the computer and would not be fixed because of it. I called Hp and was told that they would call me back with a solution within 48 hrs. I waited 3 weeks with no call. I called again and was told that because the computer did not have the blu-ray player included on the specifications, even tho it is stamped on the computer itself, they would not fix my problem. I also inquired as to how they thought it was proper buisness practice to stamp the product with a feature it did not have. I should tell you that I am downplaying the rudeness of the service rep at this time. He was apparently a supervisor named Shawn. He would not give me his ID number so I could complain about his handeling of the problem and would not allow me to speak to anyone higher than him either. At one point in the conversation he asked me if they had stamped Jessica Simpson on the product would I really expect Jessica Simpson to come with it? He also informed me that I was just one computer amongst the millions they sell and therfore not a big concenr from their stand point. Needless to say I was quite upset at this point, I informed him that I was not just one computer that had four HP computers in my home and I didnt think the cost of one Blu-ray player was worth the hassle they were giving me. He then hung up on me. I then called another service number and was informed that a service " manager" would contact me within 24 hours. To my surprise they called me just under two hours later. This manager, after  having to retell the entire story to him, held the company line and informed me that because the computer was obsolete they would not install the missing Blu-ray player  and even went as far to hint that I had changed the player in it. He also reconfirmed that because it was not on the written specifications they would not replace it even if it was new. So word to the wise if your buying an HP product, which I would not recommend, be sure to look at the online specifications of the computer before you buy it. Apparently Hp considers it ok to stamp the product with features it does not actually have and will not back their product once you pay for it. They will never get another penny of mine.

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Consumer Support Community.  This is a peer-to-peer community for customers to connect and share solutions regarding their HP products.  If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.