Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
H711n aka HP6700 Premium eAIO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Many issues, my apologies, but getting into a Community Forum or onto the hp support website is so rare, I hope you all will understand posting related matters? 

I cannot login on HP support, but if I go to "Community Forum" and if a name I used a couple years ago is found, I get logged in.

1. Last month I had recovered a previous user name and password, but the recovered pair of username/e-mail address and password is not accepted this at this time, today, this month.

IMHPOV this is a problem which has been going on for years-- not months -- and all I get told is to come up with another username/email address and a strong password: there is never an explanation, nothing rational like "HP requires a new password/username or email address "binary" [as in a pair of data] every 47 days (nothing irrational about 47 days after all, now if I said 47xpi days that would be irrational or maybe it would be irrational if I said 47 days/square root of -1?

2.  And suddenly, even though I know my vision is going, I can spend more than half an hour trying to plow my way through an interminable number of "Captcha" screens without ever  understanding when or how I have made errors -- it seems like an iterative "do loop" which randomly spits the user out rather than the manner in which captcha used to work?

3.  Sorry -repeated myself here - same as #1 above. Once I do get an "acceptable binary" of username/email with a password it will only be good if I use it everyday. If I don't use it every day, but have to come back next month I know from past experience my"good username/email and password" won't be good then.

4.a. Perhaps, no definitely the worse problem is the HP 6700 Premium eAIO no longer tells me when I have to change a depleted cartridge, and today I did see the message (paraphrasing the rathere stilted jargon I find difficult to recapitulate) cartridge "933XL Magenta" is running low - you don't need to replace it but you better have a replacement Magenta 933XL cartridge on hand, or at least a Magenta 933 cartridge or you soon will not be able to print."

4.b.  No instead I get a plethora of repetitive "printer failure" or "printer problem" and now "Ink system issues"  with a bizarre series of not-real-error-codes the printer seems to throw out randomly  such as "01x000begforit" or "0x61000016" or "0x610000015"  (even a four inch magnifying glass cannot definitively magnify and make the last three digits legible).

4.c. Earlier today I thought I had the solution: I discovered if I replaced the cartridge with the lowest, not low enough to replace according to the images shown for "Estimated Ink Levels" or the four individual Estimated Cartridge Ink Levels" the "printer failure", "printer problems" and "Ink System Issues" would go away.

4.d. ON 7/9/2018 I replaced the 932XL Black cartridge, and yesterday 7/11/2018 I replaced the Magenta 733XL and the Yellow 733XL cartridges when 

4.e. or maybe 5.0(?) So of course, just as I was getting ready to close up shop for the night and collapse at home for a long 4.5 hours sleep for the next day which has technically begun after midnight but won't start for this office until 0615 tomorrow,  the error messages for the last cartridge, the cyan 933XL (can't read replacement date of current cartridge because previously I was able to open the side "cartridge door"  at any time the printer was not actively printing, to examine, check date put into use, check if the electrical connections required cleaning, run a "cleaning" or a "printhead alignment check" or a printhead alighment on a schedule, or as needed.

4.f. Now I want to change the Cyan 933XL cartridge and replace it with a new Cyan933XL cartridge so that all three colors are replaced today, with the 932XL Black cartridge replace 7/9/2018 - so how to "trick" the printer into allowing me to open the side "cartridge service door" and install a new Cyan cartridge which is sitting right here?

Hope better minds than mine at 0036.CDT on Thursday 7/012/2018 have some suggestions -- folding my tent, turning off the light, and creeping out to the parking lot, windows down to help keep me awake as I sing off-key to the first song I get on the radio.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions, directions to the secret HP webpages where all the answers are hidden unless the HP user has successfully cleared the barriers to becoming "HP Enlightened", or an "HP Illiminati"  don't we all wish?

G'night, or Good Morning, as you prefer to view this juncture,

Pocket.Protector.Guy  aka "pocketprotrguy"

Does this seem to anyone else as if all this points to the fact the HP 6700 Premium eAIO is in need of a brain wipe, to somehow remove or replace the existing software with a  wipe and reinstall?

4.d. ON 7/9/2018 I replaced the 932XL Black cartridge, and yesterday 7/11/2018 I replaced the Magenta 733XL and the Yellow 733XL cartridges when 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@pocketprotrguy

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there are multiple concerns that needs to be solved,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Have you attempted to upgrade the printer firmware?
    • That's the only thing you seem to have missed ;)
      • As for the account login issues, I'll request a moderator to get that sorted for you.

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer.

Use one of the following methods to upgrade the firmware. If one method does not work, try the other.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, check this:

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.